+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am interested in this thread. Im also a extremely nervous flyer.

I was going to access the Known egg donor program through queensland but it looks like that has been canned.

It has been offered through Kuala Lumpur Sunfert. Im just wondering if I can actually fly there, im extremely nervous never been overseas at all.

I feel my chance is slipping through my hands to get a sibling.

How have others experiences been with sunfert and how has everyones flight been? Has there been much turbulence? I will only fly qantas or jetstar.

Mysticfalls.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Asian egg donor

Hello all, I finish my egg donation at u.s.a a month plus ago, and Im interested to donate again. My country is just beside Malaysia. Please email me at m.laeya318@gmail.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to laeya For This Useful Post:

KJones0510  (19-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sunfert Clinic in Malaysia

Hi

I used egg donor through Sunfert. I dealt with them directly. It was $US5000 cheaper than going through an agent such as Cathie Sanchez (www.fertlitymy.com). Sunfert were easy and professional to deal with. The staff and Dr Wong were lovely. He was very professional and I found him more thorough and attentive than the FSs I dealt with here in Sydney, Australia. Contact Heidy Ang at heidy.ang@sunfert.com for costs/questions.

To pick your donor you must fly to Kuala Lumpur as they will not send via internet (it's illegal). I am fair skinned Chinese. They get their donors from a local Malay agency. They have small number of donors. They have Chinese donors. The number varies depending on availability. Let them know what ethnicity donor you need. I was lucky to have over 10 to choose from. You need to pick 3 in case your choice is not available at the time you are ready. I got my 2nd choice.

I flew in August for 1 day to pick anonymous donor in August 2016. They gave me my meds to take back with me. I shipped my frozen sperm donor i Oct (I needed a sperm donor too). My donor cycle was in Dec and I went early Jan 2017 for the FET. I only had one egg transferred as I am a very small 5 foot tall. I am 9 weeks pregnant.

There was only one point i was disappointed with. My ED produced 40 eggs but only 3 made it to day 5 blastocyst. I discovered on questioning why this happened (too many eggs means poor quality) that she ahd polycystic ovaries (but not polycystic ovarian syndrome) which is fairly common and deemed healthy as a donor but can affect their response to IVF.
    If I had been told this I would've selected a different donor so I feel this should have been mentioned. Thankfully I had my 3 embryos PGD's. Two were healthy and I selected the best one for ET.

If you are thinkning of taking action, please do so asap as it takes time. malaysian Government is passing law to stop the program this year. It is beleived if you start the process before the law is passed you will be allowed to continue.

If you have questions feel free to email me at shirlster@hotmail.com

Good luck!!!
    Last edited by shirlster; 19-02-2017 at 10:24. Reason: incomplete

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shirlster For This Useful Post:

keegan  (19-02-2017),KJones0510  (19-02-2017),Poppy73  (07-08-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Please read my lengthy reply posted today.

There is Cambodia but I believe their IVF is not as modern as western countries or Malaysia.

I recommend Sunfert and Malaysia. There is also another reputable clinic Fertility Associates but I dont think they do PGD.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg donor

Thanks Shirlster for your detailed information. That's a great help. I will contact them and may also contact you separately. Congratulation with your pregnancy. I will stay positive and keep our hope high. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Forgot to answer you flight questions.

You can fly into Kuala Lumpur (KL). My flight was 8 hours from Sydney. It was fine. It was with AirAsia.

I think turbulence is really weather dependent ; also depends on size of plane.

I didn't have any on the way there. on the way back to Sydney there was probably 10-15 mins on/off in total.

If you are nervous you may want to get Bach rescue remedy drops from health store to use on the flight (or at any time). It is natural and helps with anxiety, fear, terror, panic.

I also recommend XiFertility (acupuncture) in KL. I did pre and post ET acupuncture (on the day of ET) and for a few days following to aid acupuncture. I believe it helped, and its cheap there. Studies show improves chances of live birth by 65%.

Good luck
    Last edited by shirlster; 20-02-2017 at 21:53.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shirlster For This Useful Post:

Poppy73  (07-08-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I am the one started this thread!
    After receiving info from few people via this thread, I checked Sunfert and Alfa Fertility clinic in KL and used Alfa fertility clinic as donor I wanted to used at Sunfert was booked by someone else when I visited there.
    Because of my age (mid 40, I didn't want to wait for 6 M!)
    I have chosen a donor at Alfa and they have contacted agent and arranged the cycle for us. It was beginning of last year and we had four blast embryo(two were top quality, two are good but not top quality). Alfa have used to freeze all our embryo using special C( apparently, the quality won't change if you use their special C to freeze).
    First transfer wasn't successful but 2nd transfer, I became pregnant for the first time! I now delivered my son last month. Both clinic, you need to be proactive and call them many times and make sure to visit them and take time to go through all details. Most of the time, it is frustrating, but I am very happy that I didn't give up. Good luck and let me know if you need more info!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HarriN For This Useful Post:

Poppy73  (07-08-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mummymunch,

Could you keep us updated on how you go? Lots of baby dust to you Did you have one or two put back?

How was the flight? Sorry I NEED to ask. Me + flight = arghhh

Im caucasiain (white) the KED program got shut down in Australia so they are offering it through sunfert. There will be South African Donors and if you need donor sperm which I do we will be getting it through Xytex.

Mysticfalls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Decided against flying and going to KL. I'm sorry I cannot fly that long and I don't want to risk zika.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticFalls View Post
    Decided against flying and going to KL. I'm sorry I cannot fly that long and I don't want to risk zika.

Hi

Sorry to hear that. there is no Zika in Malaysia.

Take care