+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Omg! I'm so jealous of those photos! The house looks truly amazing!

You could try 30k less. We were looking at a house recently and were going to offer $50k less because it needed a lot of work until we found out it had major structure issues related to large trees in the yard. Minor issues we can handle but with professionals in the family who said not to even think about going near it after seeing photos of the cracks and trees we decided not to go there.
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 01-10-2015 at 19:48. Reason: Quoted Pics removed for privacy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    And that shed! Omg! If that were near us we would totally go for that! Please don't tell me is a 4 bedroom, or even a 3 bedroom..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Love it!!

Are the air cons reverse cycle? Lighting a wood fire for warmth sucks. Lovely to stand by but when you get home from work with a cranky toddler lighting the fire is hard. Gas heating would be great but if you're country you might not get it?

I do agree about direction the bedrooms face. My girls face south which is great but growing up my bedroom faced west and it was excruciating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Make your offer subject to building and pest inspection and subject to finance

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Californication  (01-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh harvs it looks wonderful! I'd also be thinking about heat - it obviously has a/c and ceiling fans, but as pp have said, think about what direction the sun comes from. Our house faces south so we have a big verandah off the back (the north side of the house). It makes our house so much cooler!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Eep...advice needed please!

Before you make an offer ask the agent:

How long has it been on the market for?

What price will the owners accept?

What offers have you had?

What is the average days on market in this area ( how long do they take to sell)

What did the last home like this one sell for?

Are you aware of any building or pest problems in the home?

When is the last time the owners had a pest inspection?

Based on the answers you can get an idea of what the owners want is realistic and base your first offer on that - not sure if you have a cooling off period there ( sydney has 5 days) so you can get your pest and building reports done then - the price is the first thing you should look into as if it's too expensive for you there is no point going any further

Make sure your finance is sorted before making any offers so as soon as you agree on a price you can sign the contract to secure it

( good luck it looks great!)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (01-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It looks amazing! But agree with the ladies about which direction it faces for hot bedrooms. But the inside looks awesome!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

harvs  (01-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If the bedrooms are at the back and it faces west you could put on a deck

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

harvs  (01-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    [The following Post was written by @harvs which accompanied the pics which have since been removed for privacy].

[As said by Harvs]
    It's on a 1000m block apparently, whatever that means. It's also below the median price for the area.

Lots of ideas I hadn't thought of already, thank you.

I did a quick drive by and I'm not sure about the outside - I think I would want to add roller shutters or something as I'm very paranoid (although I like to say security conscious!). Is that something then that would be a reason for me to offer less?

And 30k less??!! I was thinking I could be nasty and offer 2K less! Houses here sometimes sit on the market for years, but the nicer ones tend to get snapped up by city dwellers as weekenders...

When/if I make an offer, am I allowed to say something like 'subject to an independent inspection by a... whoever the person is that would do that'?

ETA I was writing this while DSS and M'Lady were posting. You are all amazing. So I guess I'm going to look like a numpty tomorrow with my notebook and pen :-)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

harvs  (01-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only thing I can add is to ask what length of settlement the vendors are wanting to see if that suits you. Do they want short (generally 4 weeks) or long (several months) and is it negotiable?
    We had a building and pest inspection done on our place from memory it cost us a few hundred dollars.
    How about an offer 5% below the asking price to start with?
    Saw the pics before they were taken down looks like a great home with plenty of space and not much to do. How exciting 😀 good luck and you have to come back and tell us how you go!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

harvs  (01-10-2015)