The October Challenge (and a little bit of Sept seeing as we currently donthave one) - every day I will post a '5 top tips' topic
so post your 5 top tips for dealing with a newborn.
What would you tell your bestie is the most important things to remember
1 - sleep is everything. Sleep as often as possible
2 - it doesnt matter how bad your house looks. sleep anyway
3 - breast is not always best. Is only if you can manage it
4 - accept help when people offer
5 - join bubhub
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
26-09-2015 10:50 #1
5 Top Tips - Newborn
26-09-2015 11:05 #2
1. Sleep when you can, and put a note on the door saying so! And turn off your phone so
people don't wake you.
2. When people give you well meaning but outdated advice, just smile, nod and ignore it if it
won't work for you. You know your baby better than anyone else.
3. Trust your instincts. It can take a while to figure out what they want/need, but you'll get there.
4. Be kind to yourself. We put so much pressure on ourselves to be the perfect mother, but
there is no such thing. We all have good days and bad days and that's completely normal.
So cherish the good days and forgive yourself for the bad.
5. It's fine if you want to stay home. It's also fine if you want to go back to work. Do whatever
works for your new family.
The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:
26-09-2015 12:03 #3Senior Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2015
1. Sleep, sleep, sleep!
2. Take at least 5 mins to yourself every day. I did not do this. I should've
3. Trust yourself - ignore any 'advice' that feels wrong to you.
4. If BF does not work then it is ok.
5. Enjoy the snuggles.
26-09-2015 12:31 #4Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2015
1 Sleep When Baby sleeps
2 Get your Husband to do the housework
3 let others help and trust dad more he knows why to do
4 Keep in contact with a trusted friend its good to talk to someone other then family
5 just take it easy and dnt everything " by the book" your the mum
26-09-2015 12:34 #5
1. You can't hold a newborn too much!
2. Sleep whenever you can.
3. It's okay to feel overwhelmed. You and your baby are both new at this. Give yourself time.
4. Housework can wait.
5. Remember that you know your baby best.
26-09-2015 12:47 #6
By Freyamum in forum Parents with large familiesReplies: 5Last Post: 15-12-2015, 22:55
By MaryJane0240 in forum Male Infertility IssuesReplies: 3Last Post: 21-11-2014, 10:58
By Pearlygirl in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 07-11-2014, 13:11
Maternity ClothesLooking to buy maternity clothes? :: Check the bubhub directory of local & online maternity clothes shops :: Find ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
3 teeth lost in 10 daysGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
IVF/FET April & May chatConception & Fertility General Chat
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Weekend Fluff- Saddest tv moment **spoiler alertGeneral Chat
Wdyt- creepy postieGeneral Chat
Tea drinkers unite!General Chat
Levlen - or any contraceptive pill question!General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat