+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Summer maternity clothes

I am going to be heavily pregnant in the height of qld summer. A stark contrast from my first pregnancy which was mid Melbourne winter! So apart from bras pretty much my entire pregnancy wardrobe is going to be useless! I am going to have to buy at least a few key items to see me through. I know I can get by with plenty of non-maternity stuff and have picked up a couple cheap ruched maternity singlets from Kmart.

For those of you that have had a mid summer pregnancy, what items did you find you wore most? Did you get maternity shorts or just use a hair tie on your existing denim shorts etc?

Amy suggestions for cheap or 2nd hand maternity gear? Have found eBay pretty limited...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got a great Jersey maxi dress from ASOS - super comfy and great when I was lazy with leg hair removal.

I did buy a pair of maternity shorts from Kmart for around $15 - probably worth it for that price. I unfortunately put on weight like crazy when pregnant so couldn't use any ties with my usual pants/shorts.

Oh and I did splurge on a pair of nice maternity bathers so I could wallow in the pool 😜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had my baby in mid-winter too but can imagine that maxi-dresses would be great. I wished I could have worn them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had both my babies in Darwin and lived in maxi dresses as much as possible. Some I bought new and others on my local baby BSS Facebook page.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty22 View Post
    I've had both my babies in Darwin and lived in maxi dresses as much as possible. Some I bought new and others on my local baby BSS Facebook page.
    Thanks - were they fitted style maxis or floaty loose ones? I worry with the loose ones will make me look huge, but also worry the tight ones will be uncomfortable in the humidity..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    I got a great Jersey maxi dress from ASOS - super comfy and great when I was lazy with leg hair removal.

I did buy a pair of maternity shorts from Kmart for around $15 - probably worth it for that price. I unfortunately put on weight like crazy when pregnant so couldn't use any ties with my usual pants/shorts.

Oh and I did splurge on a pair of nice maternity bathers so I could wallow in the pool 😜
    Thanks I browsed through Asos earlier and they look to be reasonably priced. For swimmers I will prob stick to my bikinis that way doesn't matter how big bump gets, lol. Our local kfart didn't have any shorts - really limited range of maternity and mostly in plus sizes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (21-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was pregnant last Brisbane summer and will be again *sigh*. I don't have much though.

I got a maxi that was stretchy and one size too big from KMart. Got long tanks from cotton on (they are good to stretch over the belly), I got a few stretchy tube skirts from Target.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and all my clothes were 'fitted'. I am short and loose and flowy just made me look like I was drowning in a mumu.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Asos have some great cheap shorts and dresses. I did three pregnancies over Canberra winters but needed some summer clothes for a trip to Fiji at 32 weeks this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Oh and all my clothes were 'fitted'. I am short and loose and flowy just made me look like I was drowning in a mumu.
    I think loose flowy + pregnancy = mumu no matter what your height 😂.

I need to find some of those tube skirts. Just bought some fitted stretchy bodycon style dresses from supre but haven't seen any tube skirts yet. I see people wearing them but never actually in a shop for sale...