+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default General check up at the doctors

What do they do?
    Do you have regular check ups?

I am asking because I feel like crap. Every day.

Pretty much ever since I had my first DS 4.5 years ago, I've woken up every day feeling really tired, body aches, lethargic, sometimes headaches etc.

I will say I am not healthy. I am at least 20kgs overweight, I think I weigh around 80kg!!! It's by far the heaviest I have ever been. I used to weigh around 63kgs and even then I could have toned up / lost some weight.

I don't get any exercise apart from rushing around after kids all day and I do eat far too much junk. Do you reckon this is the cause of my exhaustion, lethargy, body aches etc or could it be something medical?

Is it worth getting a check up? What would they check for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tell your Dr how you're feeling and ask the Dr to give you a load of blood tests. Maybe get your Thyroid checked too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had one, but I definitely think it's worth getting bloods etc. done.
    It may be that weight/diet/stress/lack of sleep etc. could be to blame, but it's definitely worth ruling out other things. Hope you find some answers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    What do they do?
    Do you have regular check ups?

I am asking because I feel like crap. Every day.

Pretty much ever since I had my first DS 4.5 years ago, I've woken up every day feeling really tired, body aches, lethargic, sometimes headaches etc.

I will say I am not healthy. I am at least 20kgs overweight, I think I weigh around 80kg!!! It's by far the heaviest I have ever been. I used to weigh around 63kgs and even then I could have toned up / lost some weight.

I don't get any exercise apart from rushing around after kids all day and I do eat far too much junk. Do you reckon this is the cause of my exhaustion, lethargy, body aches etc or could it be something medical?

Is it worth getting a check up? What would they check for?
    I could have written this word for word (and weight for weight)
    Ive made myself a dr's appointment for next wed to get bloods checked, and look into the mega migraines ive been getting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think you should see the dr. If I went to the dr with those symptoms I would get bloods done (I have been to the dr a few times with I am exhausted/sore etc). They should do a FBC which will show if there are any iron deficiencies. Also being low in B&DA vitamins can make you exhausted/sore etc. Also if they do not offer ask if your thyroid function can be checked as well.

In the meantime - are you taking a multi? Might be a good time to start.

With weight gain it could contribute. If you are naturally petite then the extra weight can put a strain on your joints etc.

If you are continually stressed then that also can make you feel drained. Do you have any time out for yourself at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thyroid!!! Definitely get it checked out.