+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Gippsland
    Posts
    15,008
    Thanks
    1,265
    Thanked
    4,182
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Re: whitetails. I remember having a shower once and seeing one climb into the fan vent above the shower 😱. Then a couple weeks later found a dead one the cat had got, thank god it didn't get bitten! Then...about a year later I kept waking in the morning to bruises on my legs and you could visibly see fang marks in the middle 😱. I could not figure out where the spider was coming from, I kept vacuuming and moving things around. Then I read they like to hide in piles of things like clothes and because it was summer our doona was often at the foot of the bed and eventually kicked to the floor. I decided to shake it really hard one morning when I was making the bed and sure enough a whitetail came flying out from inside the doona cover. Ick ick ick ick!!!!! So yeah, make sure you're not leaving piles of stuff around!
    OMG!!!!! Yuck!!!! White tail spiders freak me out. And they seem to proliferate after warm rainy conditions. *shudder*

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,125
    Thanks
    4,917
    Thanked
    4,780
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    OMG!!!!! Yuck!!!! White tail spiders freak me out. And they seem to proliferate after warm rainy conditions. *shudder*
    And this was in St Kilda. We had a big tree outside our window but obviously not rural! So many huntsmen as well. We had a big tree outside our balcony but c'mon Australia! 🙈

    But hence the catching to huntsmen and throwing them outside!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3,439
    Thanks
    4,517
    Thanked
    3,400
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This thread brought back some bad bad memories. I'm terrified of spiders. Proper terrified. Last summer our backyard was infested with orb weavers. Omfg. I couldn't go in the backyard in the evening as chances are you'd walk into one. I'm not kidding they were all over the yard spinning their webs between trees, walls, pergola, clothes line. Freaking everywhere. Every morning there'd be massive webs. They took a particular liking to the clothesline. If I left clothes out overnight the spiders would be in the clothes. One morning I was bringing in washing and there was a massive orb weaver in the sleeve of DH shirt. I threw it on the ground and ran inside. The shirt stayed on the lawn for a week as I refused to touch it. We persisted with spraying and removing the webs then they went away. Am seriously hoping they don't come back this summer or I'll need to sell my house 😁
    Get your house sprayed OP. ASAP!!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

    Phony  (19-09-2015)

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,125
    Thanks
    4,917
    Thanked
    4,780
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

    Default I love my new house and garden BUT...

    I had to google what an orb weever is--they are all over front gardens in London! Biggest webs ever, one day I was walking down the street and there was one going from somebody's front wall to a tree across the footpath!

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,650
    Thanks
    792
    Thanked
    673
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    This thread brought back some bad bad memories. I'm terrified of spiders. Proper terrified. Last summer our backyard was infested with orb weavers. Omfg. I couldn't go in the backyard in the evening as chances are you'd walk into one. I'm not kidding they were all over the yard spinning their webs between trees, walls, pergola, clothes line. Freaking everywhere. Every morning there'd be massive webs. They took a particular liking to the clothesline. If I left clothes out overnight the spiders would be in the clothes. One morning I was bringing in washing and there was a massive orb weaver in the sleeve of DH shirt. I threw it on the ground and ran inside. The shirt stayed on the lawn for a week as I refused to touch it. We persisted with spraying and removing the webs then they went away. Am seriously hoping they don't come back this summer or I'll need to sell my house 😁
    Get your house sprayed OP. ASAP!!
    Omg last summer I was trapped in my house for three days when dh went away for a boys weekend. Orb spiders everywhere, one had spun a web between the wall and post on our front doorstep and another had spun a web across the back sliding door. Scary things they are. They were huge!

    Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

    gingermillie  (19-09-2015)

  8. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3,439
    Thanks
    4,517
    Thanked
    3,400
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    Omg last summer I was trapped in my house for three days when dh went away for a boys weekend. Orb spiders everywhere, one had spun a web between the wall and post on our front doorstep and another had spun a web across the back sliding door. Scary things they are. They were huge!

    Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    This made me laugh. It shouldn't have but it did cos that would so be me 😁

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

    munchkin275  (26-09-2015)

  10. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,125
    Thanks
    4,917
    Thanked
    4,780
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I found the answer to your problems little miss!

    https://www.facebook.com/TheVideoVau...4203568770179/

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

    Little Miss Sunshine  (25-09-2015)

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,907
    Thanks
    10,233
    Thanked
    4,914
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lol!!! He looks bigger than my dog!

    I have since discovered 2 blue tongue lizards live in the garden- maybe I should encourage them to come inside!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

    HollyGolightly81  (25-09-2015)

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,650
    Thanks
    792
    Thanked
    673
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    This made me laugh. It shouldn't have but it did cos that would so be me 😁
    If that made you laugh, I have another one.

    When dh and I started dating, so about 9 years ago, we were heading for lunch when a big hairy huntsman crawled out of the air con vent in the car. Whilst the car was still moving I jumped out, it was going about 40km. I refused to get back into the car and walked home.

    Dh had cleaned the car and sprayed it with spray within an inch of its life to convince me it was safe to ride in the car again. Nope, I made him sell it, there was no way i was getting back into it!

    Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

    JustJaq  (27-09-2015)

  16. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,061
    Thanks
    621
    Thanked
    358
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    If that made you laugh, I have another one.

    When dh and I started dating, so about 9 years ago, we were heading for lunch when a big hairy huntsman crawled out of the air con vent in the car. Whilst the car was still moving I jumped out, it was going about 40km. I refused to get back into the car and walked home.

    Dh had cleaned the car and sprayed it with spray within an inch of its life to convince me it was safe to ride in the car again. Nope, I made him sell it, there was no way i was getting back into it!

    Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Oh my word!! He he and he still married you 😉 We had huge one in our car one day and I tried to spray it out thought it was dead under the seat. Picked kids up from school then getting out of car at shops dd screams and I look up and the big hairy thing was on the roof inside just above her head! So glad the car had stopped at that point. Luckily I was able to shoo it out of the car that time.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Compost.... But no garden
    By SpecialPatrolGroup in forum More Sustainable Living
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-07-2015, 01:17
  2. Garden removal bags
    By NurseAnni in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2015, 21:05
  3. Garden maintenance included in rent?
    By Mod-Degrassi in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26-09-2014, 08:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Cots on BubhubLooking to buy a cot or bassinet? :: Cot safety checklist :: Local or online nursery ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
hospital based care versus shared carePregnancy & Birth General Chat
When did you finish working?Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
The fear in pregnancyPregnancy & Birth General Chat
First outing with new babyGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
❤Joyous June/July TTC!❤Conception & Fertility General Chat
IVF Babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017 #2pregnancy and babies through IVF
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›