Closed Thread
Page 28 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib @Gelati he's just started a new job he's now away 26 days home 9, but it should be changing to 23/10 soon.... It's what affords us to do IVF and supports me being able to be self employed in photography... So much better juggling my previous job. Bit of breathing space... But It's really hard... He's being doing FIFO coming up 3 years now.... Can't wait for the day we get some good news and he can start looking for work at home!!

Upside is he's been able to study and further his career better than he would if he was working locally...

I think we have decided to do FET first... But we're going to nut it out this week, try and discuss with my FN everything including intrapillids because I don't want to wait til November...

Did any of you guys have a scratch?
    I'm wondering how often you should... I had one in July...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had s scratch @Tanej78. Had it twice actually. First one was the package with laparoscopic too. Then did a fresh cycle which ended in tears. Second time I did a scratch was before my chemical. Wasn't a pregnancy but one step closer. Scratch was painful. Eeks. I didn't realise it's uncomfortable. I just stopped breathing when it was done. And when OB finished I told him no I could take the pain , take as much time as you need. I said that cos I thought he rushed it for me. Turned out it was a super quick process. Totally worth it. He did it in his room. Almost like pap smear but more uncomfortable.

I hope your DH can find a job that doesn't require him to be away so much. That's so tough for both of you. I miss my DH when he's away and he's not away much at all. Do you get good margin from being a photographer? I just remembered how exxy all the quotes are for our wedding photo. One particular photographer basic package was around $6k plus all the extras we wanted, it would have cost us $8k. We didn't go ahead with them. It was way beyond our budget.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (26-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 do you believe in acupuncture? I did quite a few sessions. Most of them are probably waste of money and just relax me. But I do really like the session pre and post transfer on the same transfer day. I think it helps circulation etc. also my acupuncturist believe in warm body so I wore socks heaps to keep my feet warm, drank lots of bone broth soup (healthy anyway), minimum raw food and more cook vegetable. I was desperate so trying everything.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (26-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib yea when I had the one in July LB told me to take some nurofen an hour before but yea it was a lot more ow than I expected. I'm just wondering how often they recommend having them. She samples to test too which I'm not sure of the results yet... Just don't want to wait til 21 oct to even start the convo

I've been doing acupuncture since 2010, have a great relationship with my practitioner she's awesome... Always post transfer and pre if I can. Have a really good osteo too we do a lot of cranial sacral work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husb struggles a little with me having to do a lot of this on my own, he feels quite crap about not "being there" but as I say to him if he was here we wouldn't be affording to do the treatment anyway so it's a catch 22... Just always make sure communication is good... We have a little squabble now and then when either one of us is tired and had a bad day, but always but it out... It's nice though when he's home, I try not to book work, so we get solid time together, so it's kinda like a mega long weekend.

My weddings I charge $3500 I'd love to be able to charge $6000 but competition is high in Melbourne so I try and stay mid range so atleast I'm covering my costs and earning some... Would b nice eventually to be able to make the business more profitable so then husbo can take some time off... Maybe when babies here... 😉☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: wow. DH doesn't seem to be home long. I did the "long distance" marriage at the beginning and it wasn't fun. I only got to see DH 2--4 times a year, although it was certainly longer than 9 days each time for sure.

As for scratch, I did it twice. The first was for nk cell testing so it has nothing to with transfer. I didn't do with my FS. I could have proceeded the transfer the next month but decided against it as I wanted to find out problem (if any) before using our last embryo. That's under GA because I was doing other procedures as well. I did another one just for the FET. I was under sedation. They knocked me out. I again didn't do it with my FS. I did it locally in Perth. Bfn. For my last cycle, my FS didn't think it was worth it unless I happened to be in Syd the month before. The study suggests that the best time to do the scratch is just before AF. So the traditional 21 days might not be as effective. Thinking back, that's kinda true because I ovulated late that month. The scratch was done just 2 days post O rather than 7 days. It doesn't seem to have a solid time frame of when is best to do it. More like a wild guess. Yes, with my current pregnancy, no scratch. If you want to do everything you can, for a peace of mind, then I would say go for it.

I don't remember your immune protocol exactly. For mine, intralipid 7--10 days prior transfer. Starting pred at the very beginning of the cycle. From 10 to 20mg. I have to look it up the timing of you are interested. Clexane 40mg after transfer. If bfp, do intralipid ASAP. Then, it depends on dr, they have different protocol on how often. 20w was my last dose. I didn't want to go overboard with pred. I know some ladies take even higher dose but that's what recommended for my protocol and with the side effects, I am glad that I stayed in the lower dose. Actually, 20mg is already quite high. OB was quite shocked about it.
    @Minib @Gelati: sounded like you ladies had a good Saturday. On the positive side, I can finally eat cereal without having super high glucose level. I tried that yesterday morning. Higher than normal but I would say it is within the error bar.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (27-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 - It would be really hard having DH away for most of the month. Luckily you have a flexible work schedule and can make the most of it when he is down. the things we do for IVF. I'm sure he hates being away from you and you having to do this without him by your side for some of it. I really admire your positive attitude and that DH is making the most out of it through further study etc. Sometimes the hardest thing is maintaining a positive attitude but it can be what makes the difference. I really hope you get your BFP very soon so hubby can be back where he belongs

Yes wedding photographers can be soo exy! @Minib - we ended having to use the really expensive one cos all the cheaper ones that had good reviews (based on recommendations etc) were all booked out! So we ended up going with a really good one that charged us $7k and then another $4k for the album! needless to say we haven't got the album yet. Can you believe it?? Makes me angry everytime i think about it. the photos turned out lovely but still!! rip off!!

I've never done a scratch. I did have a polypectomy so wonder if that sort of did the same thing. Although i got my bfp 3-4 months after i had that done so the effects probably wore off after that. I didn't do accupuncture as i am super scared of needles and i think it would have stressed me out more doing the accupuncture before/after FET. I think do whatever feels right for you. I think if i hadn't gotten my bfp that cycle i may have looked into accupuncture.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (27-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - yay for not needing to be on a GD diet anymore!! Plus only 2 weeks to go. How exciting!

btw - my friend said her bub was engaged at 37 weeks yet she had to be induced 1 week after her due date. I thot once engaged they were coming any day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Normally hysteroscopy, D&c etc are like a scratch. They last for a while. That's why my FS was surprised to see me having a polyp during my STIM cycle. It was super annoying because nothing was found during my hysteroscopy and D&C! Anyway, luckily all turn out well.

I still have to be careful for what I eat. I don't want to get to excited and go overboard. At least I can finally eat something different for breakfast and eat a little bit more when I am hungry.

Yes. Once engage, baby will come any day. Within 2 w time, that's what I read. So I am guessing if your friend waits up to 2w, it might actually happen. It took my friend 1.5w. Two weeks will be the following Monday for me. I really hope bub hangs onto it until the end of next week at least! Bub is further low down now. I can feel some ligament pain yesterday and see a bit of difference in the mirror.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (27-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's what I mean @bbhope she was engaged at 37w and then 4 weeks later still no bub and she had to be induced. That's why I'm confused.