+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default St Vincents - Obstetrician recommendations

Good evening mums,

I am after your recommendations for fabulous Obstetricians who deliver at St Vincents in East Melbourne. For my DD we went public but would prefer private this time.

I have been recommended the following by family / friends / Doctor: Len Kliman, Miranda Robinson, Fiona Cowell and Guy Skinner - and I just have no idea who to go with!

I am looking for someone who will not push me to have an early Caesar as my DD was 2 weeks late and want to give this bub every opportunity to come by their self. Also someone who has short wait times for appointments and is easy to get along with.

Thank you in advance for your time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there. I had both our children at St. Vincent's Private and loved it - I didn't want to leave 😊. My fantastic obstetrician was David O'Callaghan. I cannot speak highly enough of David - he's just superb. He is so approachable and put me at ease straight away. He has a very caring and reassuring nature, and nothing was any trouble - he even met us in his rooms (ground floor at St. V's) one Saturday morning when I was bleeding at 12 weeks. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending David.
    There is one obstetrician who you've mentioned who I would strongly advise you to steer clear of, but please PM me if you'd like more info.
    Good luck with your pregnancy 😀.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to siansmum For This Useful Post:

Tryingforvbac (14-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default St Vincents - Obstetrician recommendations

I'm another recommendation for David O'Callaghan - he delivered my twins 3 weeks ago and he was just amazing. Most obstetricians would have made me have a Caesar just because it was twins, but David was adamant I could have a vaginal birth from the beginning. I was up and around an hour after delivering them, and the boys are happy and healthy.

He's very relaxed, is really approachable, and is so much cheaper than every other obstetrician we looked at! He's got a good approach of low intervention coupled with being sensible.

Edit to add - he'll definitely let you wait to deliver as well (provided it is safe), he wouldn't induce me for the twins until 38+2 even though I was desperate to get them out at that point, haha.
    Last edited by MrsA2B; 29-08-2015 at 03:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, will check out David O'Callaghan

Siansmum - I can't seem to PM you? Says I don't have permission?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, I'll try to PM you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsABC View Post
    Thanks ladies, will check out David O'Callaghan

Siansmum - I can't seem to PM you? Says I don't have permission?
    It's probably because you're a Junior member. I've tried to PM you, but it won't allow me to. I think you have to have a certain number of posts before you can send and receive PMs. I'd really like to give you the heads up on one of the obstetricians you mentioned. Are you on FB?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Third to also recommend David O'Callaghan! He delivered my DS 5 years ago and I am currently seeing him for my second, due in 2 weeks. Cannot speak highly enough of David - he is so approachable and makes me feel very comfortable. I have had a few complications this time around and David has provided an exceptional level of care, lots of follow up and kept me calm, relaxed and well informed despite some urgent situations happening around me. Nothing is too much trouble for David. I had a c-section first time round ( bubs was 4.6kgs and despite me giving it a good go, I don't think he was ever going to be born vaginally - again David was not intervention happy and I felt I gave it our absolute best before we considered the c-section). This time around David was very supportive of me to try for a VBAC but I myself have decided to opt for a c-section again with Davids support. Highly recommend as well as St V's - again the level of care I have received with my complications this time, and first birth, have been wonderful! Also, David is one of the more reasonable priced obs in comparisons to some if those you have mentioned above...

Also in regards to wait times, I think in both pregnancies only once have I had to wait more than 15 mins as he was in an emergency. I actually stress if I'm running five mins late to an appointment as it normally means he is waiting for me!!!

Good luck!!
    Last edited by Juzz; 29-08-2015 at 18:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had Meredith Tassone and she is brilliant! I delivered at Epworth, but she has rights at both. Could not recommend her more highly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this is so old but if anyone still reads it, I would love to know the OB you are talking about Siansmum! Thanks