+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 260
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,242
    Thanks
    5,043
    Thanked
    3,638
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I will say, in regards to people losing their jobs. Pretty much every corporation I've worked for has had a strict IT policy. If you're going to sign up to a site like Ashley Madison using your work email and access the site on your work computer, thus breaking their IT policy, then I don't have a massive amount of sympathy for you. They could just as easily have been found out through regular IT channels anyway.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,159
    Thanks
    4,986
    Thanked
    4,851
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    I will say, in regards to people losing their jobs. Pretty much every corporation I've worked for has had a strict IT policy. If you're going to sign up to a site like Ashley Madison using your work email and access the site on your work computer, thus breaking their IT policy, then I don't have a massive amount of sympathy for you. They could just as easily have been found out through regular IT channels anyway.
    I get that. But you're employer finding out through IT channels and confronting or firing you is still remaining much more private than your details being released world wide. I also highly doubt your employer would contact your spouse, it would be left up to you to deal with the ramifications for getting fired because of this.

    A few months ago the head of DH's old school was fired because he was caught watching p.rn in his office. Obviously he broke some rules regarding what was expected of him and he should deal with those ramifications. But then the local paper made it front page news, seriously all the town was talking about while we were visiting. He had a wife and kids, kids that went to that school. Did he and his family deserve that? No children were in danger, it was adult p.rn. Obviously a huge error in judgement and a mistake that probably should have cost him his job, but beyond that? Not really anybody's business.

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

    Apple iPhart6  (26-08-2015),atomicmama  (26-08-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-08-2015)

  4. #213
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    13,067
    Thanks
    9,846
    Thanked
    12,964
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I get that. But you're employer finding out through IT channels and confronting or firing you is still remaining much more private than your details being released world wide. I also highly doubt your employer would contact your spouse, it would be left up to you to deal with the ramifications for getting fired because of this.

    A few months ago the head of DH's old school was fired because he was caught watching p.rn in his office. Obviously he broke some rules regarding what was expected of him and he should deal with those ramifications. But then the local paper made it front page news, seriously all the town was talking about while we were visiting. He had a wife and kids, kids that went to that school. Did he and his family deserve that? No children were in danger, it was adult p.rn. Obviously a huge error in judgement and a mistake that probably should have cost him his job, but beyond that? Not really anybody's business.
    I dunno.... You've got to balance up the needs of the family with the needs of everyone else. I sort of think the fact that a sexual deviant was running the school (if you're watching porn 'at school' that's what you are) is newsworthy enough that other parents should know about it. If you have such poor judgement that you're watching porn at school then what other bad calls were you making (sexual nature or not) that could have affected the students?

    It unfortunate for his kids though - I couldn't see any option for them other than moving and changing schools regardless of whether the newspaper got hold of the story. And their dad should bare the full brunt of responsibility for that.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-08-2015)

  6. #214
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,159
    Thanks
    4,986
    Thanked
    4,851
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I dunno.... You've got to balance up the needs of the family with the needs of everyone else. I sort of think the fact that a sexual deviant was running the school (if you're watching porn 'at school' that's what you are) is newsworthy enough that other parents should know about it. If you have such poor judgement that you're watching porn at school then what other bad calls were you making (sexual nature or not) that could have affected the students?

    It unfortunate for his kids though - I couldn't see any option for them other than moving and changing schools regardless of whether the newspaper got hold of the story. And their dad should bare the full brunt of responsibility for that.
    I think it was a horrible judgement call but I'm not going to jump to he's dangerous and a sexual deviant because he watched p.orn. It wasn't something that needed to be front page of the newspaper. Why do people who have nothing to do with the school need to know about it? The school made a point to say there was never a time where children were at risk of anything. It's a small city desperate for some juice, that's the only reason it was front page news.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

    Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-08-2015)

  8. #215
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    13,067
    Thanks
    9,846
    Thanked
    12,964
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

    Default Should Ashley Madison Cheaters be exposed?

    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I think it was a horrible judgement call but I'm not going to jump to he's dangerous and a sexual deviant because he watched p.orn. It wasn't something that needed to be front page of the newspaper. Why do people who have nothing to do with the school need to know about it? The school made a point to say there was never a time where children were at risk of anything. It's a small city desperate for some juice, that's the only reason it was front page news.
    Watching porn doesn't make you a sexual deviant. Watching it AT the school you are working at does - it's a big red flag that not all is right with your mental health and decision making. If it's the same case I am thinking of the principal was caught by a student during the middle of the school day. I don't know how the school can say the kids were never at risk of anything - they are looking at the situation with a rather narrow pair of cover-their-own-backside glasses.
    Last edited by VicPark; 26-08-2015 at 06:22.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-08-2015)

  10. #216
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,159
    Thanks
    4,986
    Thanked
    4,851
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

    Default Should Ashley Madison Cheaters be exposed?

    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Watching porn doesn't make you a sexual deviant. Watching it AT the school you are working at does - it's a big red flag that not all is right with your mental health and decision making. I don't know how the school can say the kids were never at risk of anything - they are looking at the situation with a rather narrow pair of cover-their-own-backside glasses.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree. There's no other evidence to show it was anything other than stupid mistake. Fairly certain it was his laptop, closed office, after hours. Somebody saw the screen through a window. From what I know he had been doing a good job at the school. I guess it's like the teacher thread before, people make mistakes, doesn't mean they're bad people and deserve their lives ruined.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 26-08-2015 at 06:29.

  11. #217
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    13,067
    Thanks
    9,846
    Thanked
    12,964
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    We'll just have to agree to disagree. There's no other evidence to show it was anything other than stupid mistake. Fairly certain it was his personal laptop, closed office, after hours. Somebody saw the screen through a window. From what I know he had been doing a good job at the school. I guess it's like the teacher thread before, people make mistakes, doesn't mean they're bad people and deserve their lives ruined.
    If someone saw him through the window then he definitely wasn't doing his due diligence.

    If he was a good principal prior to getting fired then I imagine he could have been a great principal if he spent all his time in the office working as opposed to watching porn.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-08-2015)

  13. #218
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,159
    Thanks
    4,986
    Thanked
    4,851
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    If someone saw him through the window then he definitely wasn't doing his due diligence.

    If he was a good principal prior to getting fired then I imagine he could have been a great principal if he spent all his time in the office working as opposed to watching porn.
    VP, I'm not saying he should not have suffered any repercussions, I'm saying he didn't deserve his life to be ruined.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

    Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-08-2015)

  15. #219
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,128
    Thanks
    1,433
    Thanked
    1,377
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If my spouse was on there and I had no idea, I'd be glad this came out. Even though hacking is illegal and adultery isn't, the adultery would be what caused me the most distress and I'd want to know.

    I find sites like AM disgusting, I didn't even know sites like that existed!

  16. #220
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,242
    Thanks
    5,043
    Thanked
    3,638
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

    Default *trigger (suicide)* Should Ashley Madison Cheaters be exposed?

    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Watching porn doesn't make you a sexual deviant. Watching it AT the school you are working at does - it's a big red flag that not all is right with your mental health and decision making. If it's the same case I am thinking of the principal was caught by a student during the middle of the school day. I don't know how the school can say the kids were never at risk of anything - they are looking at the situation with a rather narrow pair of cover-their-own-backside glasses.
    Please don't quote, I'll delete later.

    I do in general agree with you. The fact he couldn't go through the day without looking at is sad. That being said, I honestly think this is just a male thing. A lot of DH's employees look at p.orn at work. To be fair, they're not working in a school but my point is that I think it's a lot more normal than you might think it is. I've discussed it with DH (when he said one guy looked at it for 1.5 hours one day) because I don't get it, when I look at p.orn it's for a purpose IYKWIM but he reckons that guys just like to look at naked women and it's often not even about getting off.


 

Similar Threads

  1. 18 day old baby exposed to chicken pox
    By jellybean1974 in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-11-2014, 14:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Dee Wardrop Speech Pathology and Occupational Therapy ServicesProfessional. Experienced. Caring. We've been trusted by Melbourne families for over 10 years. No referral ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›