+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Curby View Post
    You're entirely missing the point. For starters, the punishment for some of these people doesn't 'fit the crime'.

Do you have the same level of moral outrage for the hackers who broke multiple laws and destroyed many lives? Some people on AM may have destroyed their marriage, but these hackers have intentionally gone about causing damage to thousands and thousands of people who were not breaking any laws.

I think it's disgusting to say what you have about these suicides. You know nothing at all about these people, but you're happy to sit there being smug and morally superior. Good on you.
    ETA: Yes, I do have sympathy for people who were exposed on that website. It's not up to me to decide what is right and wrong for their lives. They need to make that call for themselves (within the law, which is not something the hackers seem to care for).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Curby View Post
    You're entirely missing the point. For starters, the punishment for some of these people doesn't 'fit the crime'.

Do you have the same level of moral outrage for the hackers who broke multiple laws and destroyed many lives? Some people on AM may have destroyed their marriage, but these hackers have intentionally gone about causing damage to thousands and thousands of people who were not breaking any laws.

I think it's disgusting to say what you have about these suicides. You know nothing at all about these people, but you're happy to sit there being smug and morally superior. Good on you.
    Hey, I am entitled to my opinion. What the hackers did is illegal for sure but cheaters deserve to be caught out.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default Should Ashley Madison Cheaters be exposed?

Quote Originally Posted by Marchbundle View Post
    So you are telling me, that you feel sorry for the cheaters? The only people I feel for are the innocent partners. They are the ones left behind to clean up the mess and deal with the confusion of why their husband/wives cheated in the first place and grieve over them committing suicide. The moral of the story is, don't cheat.

I am entitled to my opinion, like the rest of you. I sympathise for the poor partners and children of the cheaters. These people who did themselves in obviously had guilty consciences. Who's fault is that? They could have seeked councelling.
    Of course you're entitled to an opinion. I questioned you seeking to understand your opinion. You haven't answered me. That's fine.

But here is my opinion.

It's not about *me* feeling sorry for anyone. But since you asked, why can't I feel sorry for everyone? Maybe they didn't have guilty consciences. Maybe their email had been put in maliciously, they couldn't defend themselves, they were looking at losing their jobs (as would be the case in the military in U.S. from my understanding) and marriages. Maybe they couldn't afford counselling. Maybe they were 'scum' as you put it. No one knows.

Someone I was very close to commit suicide. Before she did, she had done some exceptionally sh!tty things to a number of people. All of those people were at her funeral, all were devastated, and I know that all would have gladly forgiven her if they knew it could bring her back.

My personal world view is hate the sin, love the sinner. There is very little I have heard about in the world where I would think a person deserves to die for their (legal but maybe immoral) choices, let alone be so ashamed as to take their own lives.

And I tell you what, people who were 'scum' and cheated still might have children to foster a relationship with, still might have had a chance of reconciling some kind of friendly relationship with their spouse when they dust died down and the pain dissipated. Some people may be hurt but could still find it within themselves to offer forgiveness and move on over time. Of course I feel sympathy for what the innocent people are going through, but I feel more sadness knowing that for these families there is now absolutely no chance of that ever happening - children and grandchildren growing up without parents, no closure.

Suicide hurts the people left behind more than can be imagined, and I fail to see that this is a satisfying outcome.

I know that to some people cheating is absolutely unforgivable, and I respect that view. But to imply that suicide is a worthy result of this whole saga is taking it too far. In my opinion.

4. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (25-08-2015),Apple iPhart6  (25-08-2015),atomicmama  (26-08-2015),babyno1onboard  (25-08-2015),delirium  (26-08-2015),fr3ddom  (26-08-2015),Frankenmum  (25-08-2015),Gentoo  (25-08-2015),gingermillie  (26-08-2015),HollyGolightly81  (25-08-2015),MaximumStarlight  (26-08-2015),Moxy  (26-08-2015),MrsSS  (25-08-2015),Olive Oil  (25-08-2015),Pusheen The Cat  (26-08-2015),Renn  (25-08-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (25-08-2015),ScubaGal  (26-08-2015),smallpotatoes  (25-08-2015),SoThisIsLove  (25-08-2015),SpecialPatrolGroup  (25-08-2015),~Marigold~  (25-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    Yup, how about if someone killed themselves because their partner was exposed in that way? Still perfectly fine for the info to be leaked?
    That's what I was thinking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't honestly believe anyone whose email address was put in maliciously would kill themselves over this. if your conscience is clear, why would you kill yourself.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (25-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Of course you're entitled to an opinion. I questioned you seeking to understand your opinion. You haven't answered me. That's fine.

But here is my opinion.

It's not about *me* feeling sorry for anyone. But since you asked, why can't I feel sorry for everyone? Maybe they didn't have guilty consciences. Maybe their email had been put in maliciously, they couldn't defend themselves, they were looking at losing their jobs (as would be the case in the military in U.S. from my understanding) and marriages. Maybe they couldn't afford counselling. Maybe they were 'scum' as you put it. No one knows.

Someone I was very close to commit suicide. Before she did, she had done some exceptionally sh!tty things to a number of people. All of those people were at her funeral, all were devastated, and I know that all would have gladly forgiven her if they knew it could bring her back.

My personal world view is hate the sin, love the sinner. There is very little I have heard about in the world where I would think a person deserves to die for their (legal but maybe immoral) choices, let alone be so ashamed as to take their own lives.

And I tell you what, people who were 'scum' and cheated still might have children to foster a relationship with, still might have had a chance of reconciling some kind of friendly relationship with their spouse when they dust died down and the pain dissipated. Some people may be hurt but could still find it within themselves to offer forgiveness and move on over time. Of course I feel sympathy for what the innocent people are going through, but I feel more sadness knowing that for these families there is now absolutely no chance of that ever happening - children and grandchildren growing up without parents, no closure.

Suicide hurts the people left behind more than can be imagined, and I fail to see that this is a satisfying outcome.

I know that to some people cheating is absolutely unforgivable, and I respect that view. But to imply that suicide is a worthy result of this whole saga is taking it too far. In my opinion.
    I respect your opinion and what the hackers did is illegal, I am aware of that. But these people who have committed suicide, while it is sad they feel they had to take their own lives, more than likely from a guilty conscience. They didn't have to cheat online. Their actions have affected their families. And they have ended their lives. If I found out that my partner had been on there, I would have been devastated that he cheated and lost as to why he chose to end his life. Actually until we are put in the situation, who knows what I would think. The spouses are the ones who are left to deal with the heartache and mess. I still think that cheating is just wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Should Ashley Madison Cheaters be exposed?

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    I feel sorry for the innocent partners caught in all this. And the kids. But on the other hand at least they know now and can make the appropriate decision for them. I don't feel anything for the cheaters . They chose to do the wrong thing , now they are reaping the consequences. The ones who suicided, how sad for them and their families that they just couldn't man or woman up to their actions.
    Suicide is usually much deeper than somebody just not having the b@lls to man up. Jesus people. Honestly imagine the children faced with the attitudes of people around them that 'your parent deserved to feel this way.' F*cking hell.

I believe that I wouldn't leave DH if he cheated, maybe I would but we've been through so much that I believe ii would be able to forgive, eventually. Even if I did leave him, would I ever wanted our private life made public like this or for him to be driven to the point of suicide? Never. Why would you ever want anybody to feel that bad, to the point that they cease to exist?

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (25-08-2015),bitterpure  (25-08-2015),fr3ddom  (26-08-2015),gingermillie  (26-08-2015),harvs  (25-08-2015),Mokeybear  (25-08-2015),Pusheen The Cat  (26-08-2015),Renn  (25-08-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (25-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post

But here is my opinion.

Brilliant post 😊 Summed up exactly what I was thinking about the whole suicide news.
    Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 25-08-2015 at 20:08.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (25-08-2015),fr3ddom  (26-08-2015),harvs  (25-08-2015),Lincolns mummy  (25-08-2015),MaximumStarlight  (26-08-2015),Mokeybear  (25-08-2015),Pusheen The Cat  (26-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    People are killing themselves over this, step back and really think about it.
    The world isnt black and white, no one is perfect, people cheat, so be it.
    Exposing these people who cheat to the world, ruining their lives, their families, ruining innocent people's lives is so not worth it.
    I can believe some people off here saying these people deserve what ever they get.
    Just disgusting.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

bitterpure  (25-08-2015),HollyGolightly81  (25-08-2015),Pusheen The Cat  (26-08-2015),TheGooch  (25-08-2015),~Marigold~  (25-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Brilliant post 😊
    Agree

Good old Harvs ☺️

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

harvs  (25-08-2015),MaximumStarlight  (26-08-2015),~Marigold~  (25-08-2015)