+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What does "cancel cycle" mean?

The nurse told me that they will cancel my clomid cycle if estrogen isn't up at CD19 (Monday).

In a non clomid cycle I ovulate either CD18/20 in a normal cycle or anywhere between CD30-45 not counting the breakthrough bleeding on a long cycle of 50-60 days.

I am instructed not to BD until I am told to BD after an ultrasound. I had none yet as estrogen is still way too low.

If they cancel the cycle and then start on 100mg clomid the next cycle I still need to ovulate first before I get my period don't I? So how can they cancel the cycle? Does this mean I won't be allowed to take a shot for the egg(s) if, say, I ovulate at CD45 which would be a day after they have 'cancelled' the cycle, aka stopped taking bloods????

What would you do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am also doing Clomid cycles and for me canceling meant (in the first to second rounds) - going on another round of 100mg after the first of 50mg without bringing on a period. That cycle was also unsuccessful so after AF I did another round of 100mg for 5 days and that hasn't worked either. I believe they either give you medication to force a period or confirm a pregnancy and then you move on. Have you had any ultrasounds? I have low estrogen and no dominant follicles so they want to move on. Very disheartening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would BD anyway, mmmmm hmmmmm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't want to run. I did another round at 100mg after I had my period. The issue I have is that intercourse is painful at ovulation and on clomid it was extremely painful.
    I stopped trying since and am awaiting to have my first Ivf appointment in January with the view to start cycling in February. Thank you for your replies though. X