+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Maternity pad & breast pad recommendations

Hi

I'm 33 weeks pregnant and want to start getting stocked up for when the baby arrives.

Can anyone recommend some good maternity pads? And also some disposable breast pads? Which brands are good? Which brands should I steer clear of?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by pinkandblue; 15-09-2010 at 09:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Any great big whopping surfboard style for first few days then i found the Libra Goodnights Flex sufficient for me. The thinner style was alot kinder to my stitches and my blood flow dropped off quite a bit. I stocked up on the surfboards and ended up chucking them out as i just did not need thick ones.

I found pigeon breast pads the best for my boobs, went through loads of them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'll second the surfboards (I think I used Kotex maternity last time) for the first few days. Two packs from memory was enough both times, then onto an ultrathin regular sized pad.

And pigeon are great for breast pads, but they do have that gel in them like disposable nappies, so there is some amount of argument about how good they are are from a health perspective.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought woolies homebrand for hospital, midwife said they are the same quality as ones they use. There is 20 in a pack for $2 and i used 3 packs in hospital,changed every hour or so, when i got home i used kotex maternity 8 for $4 as flow had dropped a bit, not much tho This went on for 3 weeks, had 2 weeks break and AF is back....with a vengence ( sorry tmi)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It might sound a bit weird but i used the no name brands for both. They both did the same things as the others and they were half the price!

jaydensmum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Have to disagree

Hi
    I'm sorry Naomi, but I have to disagree with you on breast pads, they are not all the same if you are EXTREMELY leaky. Go the pigeon, nothing else will do for v leaky breasts (the Dove ones wouldn't even last 5 minutes into the first morning feed! ) Of course - not all breasts are leaky.

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pigeon were by FAR the best that I ever used. No leaks and kept you nice and dry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im leaking at the moment and im only 26weeks.... ive tried ALLOT of breast pads but i find that only the (new) Johnsons ones work for me -
    As for maternity pads - i used a no name brand

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow I only wish I started at 26wks (leaking). I started at 16.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default tried them all

during my first pregnancy I am sure I tried every brand on the market to see if there was another like pigeon. They were the only ones that I didn't leak through. The dearest maybe, but by the time you go through 2 packets of the cheapies the pigeons work out pretty cheap. Am very lucky though, am 27 weeks no and still no leaks, in fact with my first didn't leak until he was born. Claire