+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 184
  1. #51
    AdornedWithCats's Avatar
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,394
    Thanks
    7,622
    Thanked
    3,912
    Reviews
    17
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Oh wanted to add he was getting up at 2am last week for 1-2 hours. Only a few days and thankfully dh helped out but that's very unusual for him (he usually resettles very quickly.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,326
    Thanks
    5,271
    Thanked
    5,073
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Another 5am wakeup 😩. I got them to stop for a few days and now they're back. I'm so confused about what to do to stop it. I think he's waking so early because he's hungry but he eats pretty well so I don't think I can get more food in him during the day! I'm hoping maybe when the clocks fall back in October and it's darker here maybe he'll sleep in longer. Maybe there's a bird tweeting outside his window or something? Who knows really. Maybe I just have to embrace the early waker, I don't think I'm willing to shorten his day nap to less than two hours, I think he needs it but so do I!

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,880
    Thanks
    5,206
    Thanked
    3,905
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Another 5am wakeup 😩. I got them to stop for a few days and now they're back. I'm so confused about what to do to stop it. I think he's waking so early because he's hungry but he eats pretty well so I don't think I can get more food in him during the day! I'm hoping maybe when the clocks fall back in October and it's darker here maybe he'll sleep in longer. Maybe there's a bird tweeting outside his window or something? Who knows really. Maybe I just have to embrace the early waker, I don't think I'm willing to shorten his day nap to less than two hours, I think he needs it but so do I!
    Or you could accept your 5am waker (I have one) and just go with it. It doesn't matter if it's sunny or pitch black outside, my dd2 wakes at 5.15-25am EVERY SINGLE DAY.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

    HollyGolightly81  (02-09-2015)

  5. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,326
    Thanks
    5,271
    Thanked
    5,073
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Or you could accept your 5am waker (I have one) and just go with it. It doesn't matter if it's sunny or pitch black outside, my dd2 wakes at 5.15-25am EVERY SINGLE DAY.
    Haha! I think I'm kinda there, it's just painful😉. If I slept well I probably would find it a bit easier to accept. I just needed a vent as I don't really think it's something I can 'sleep train' out of him, he's VERY happy waking at that time. I do think he's hungry though, he woke at 3 the night before last because his teeth were bothering him and I gave him a bottle and he slept until 7.15!

  6. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,880
    Thanks
    5,206
    Thanked
    3,905
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Haha! I think I'm kinda there, it's just painful😉. If I slept well I probably would find it a bit easier to accept. I just needed a vent as I don't really think it's something I can 'sleep train' out of him, he's VERY happy waking at that time. I do think he's hungry though, he woke at 3 the night before last because his teeth were bothering him and I gave him a bottle and he slept until 7.15!
    Pls vent away. Its bloody frustrating hearing "is it breakfast time?" at that hour.

    For a while I was leaving dry cereal and a uht milk popper on the playroom table so she could eat and not irritate me but then I discovered she would wake at 2-3am looking for breakfast.... And then STAY awake. Urgh.

    So now we have a policy that no brekky till Sun comes up. So dd2 sits by the window and shrieks " mummy the sun is waking up" every bloody day.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

    HollyGolightly81  (02-09-2015)

  8. #56
    harvs's Avatar
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    10,216
    Thanks
    6,503
    Thanked
    16,585
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

    HollyGolightly81  (02-09-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (03-09-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (02-09-2015)

  10. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,326
    Thanks
    5,271
    Thanked
    5,073
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

    Default Sleeping Like A Baby

    Haha harvs! One of the reasons I sleep in DS' room is because of the blackout blinds, especially when it's still light at 10pm and I want to sleep! So cozy in there!

    Yesterday at naptime I let him sleep until he woke on his own, so almost 3 hours! He woke at 4.30am standing up and chatting and I was like 'oh god what have I done?!' I laid him back down, he chatted once more and I said 'shoosh!' and he ended up sleeping until 7.05!!! 👯👯👯

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

    Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (03-09-2015)

  12. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    10
    Reviews
    0
    Is it bad that my little man will fall asleep in his pram and sleep for a couple of hours or fall asleep on my chest for another couple of hours but not sleep in his bed during the day? When it comes to bedtime tho he sleeps in his cot waking every 2.5hrs.. Help..

  13. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,880
    Thanks
    5,206
    Thanked
    3,905
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky Dee View Post
    Is it bad that my little man will fall asleep in his pram and sleep for a couple of hours or fall asleep on my chest for another couple of hours but not sleep in his bed during the day? When it comes to bedtime tho he sleeps in his cot waking every 2.5hrs.. Help..
    How old? If under 6mths then I'm going to say "within the realms of normal".

  14. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    10
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    How old? If under 6mths then I'm going to say "within the realms of normal".
    He's 7 weeks.. When do Bubs tend to start sleeping thru the night more?


 

Similar Threads

  1. Dream baby guide and sleeping issues - anyone have any feedback?
    By Pearlygirl in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-05-2015, 21:15
  2. Leaving sleeping baby at home..alone?!
    By mezzo in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 179
    Last Post: 07-02-2015, 23:06
  3. Sleeping bags and a cold baby
    By Pearlygirl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 19-01-2015, 13:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Heinz Baby BasicsOur BPA Free range offers you a choice for every stage of your baby’s feeding development. You’ll love our ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›