Good lines @midnite01 ☺️☺️☺️
Results 281 to 290 of 1131
22-08-2015 08:09 #281
22-08-2015 08:17 #282
22-08-2015 08:39 #283
22-08-2015 08:56 #284
Congrats again petals & Midnite - hope the start to a heap of bfps in here!
The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:
22-08-2015 09:08 #285
The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:
22-08-2015 14:47 #286
22-08-2015 20:17 #287
Hi Lovely Ladies,
Sorry to hijack this thread this is my first post on BH & I've been stalking this thread for a while now. I need some advice, as I'm a nervous wreck & I feel like I'm losing my mind.
I don't have anyone else to talk to except for my poor dh who is very supportive but doesn't really understand what we should do & I'm sure I'm doing his head in (I suffer from anxiety which doesn't help).
I've just done my 3rd stim cycle & I'm in the midst of cycle # 6 after having 5 failed cycles (all my embryo's have failed to implant, hence never had a BFP,
I thought I had a chem pregnancy last cycle as I kept getting BFP on FRER hpt for 12 days up until my blood test but as my trigger injection was pregnyl my FS said that this probably was the reason it was giving me a false BFP & that it wasn't a chemical pregnancy as my hcg levels I had done on Day 14 was "9"
I just had my EPU last Wednesday & 10 eggs were collected, but only 4 fertilized. I received a call from the embryologist this morning who provided me with a 3 day update.
I currently have 1x8cell, 2x5cell (1 of the 2x5 cell looks like it's going to split/divide, not sure what that exactly means & if it's good or bad) & 1x4cell.
This is where it's getting confusing, my FS has tested me for NK cells & immune problems & all the results have come back normal (except I have a thyroid problem & have been taking Thyroxine for the past 3 years & my levels are good) both mine & my husband's karyotypes are normal & I recently went to Dr 'M' for a second opinion re: immune problems & NK cells & had all the tests done through him that also came back normal (Dr M suggested I increase my Prednisolone to 25mg after EPU which I've done). I have been doing the Bondi protocol through my FS in Melbourne for the last 4 cycles but nothing seems to be working. After the 4th cycle I demanded that my FS do a lap & Hysteroscopic surgery as we were initially doing ICSI due to MFI (I then found out that my left Fallopian tube was severely blocked & had to be clipped, so I did 4 cycles with a blocked fallopian tube as I was never tested just my dh (Blocked tubes create a hydrosalpinx, because the fluid that collects inside can decrease your chance of successful pregnancy with IVF by about 50%).
My FS recommended that I do PGD, with my last stim cycle in April this year, 6 eggs were collected but only 2 fertilized at Day3, hence I had to have the 2 transferred on Day 3 & couldn't do PGD on them as my clinic does PGD testing on Day 5 blastocyst (this was my worse cycle ever) & it also resulted in another BFN.
The Nurse has booked me in to do a 5 day transfer this Monday (if all goes well) but I don't know if I should do PGD testing on any of the embryo's especially the 1x8cell if this is meant to be the strongest & best embryo or if I should just transfer this embryo fresh...I'm just so confused as I've read an article that by giving your body a break after EPU & transfer it can increase your chances i.e. doing PGD & waiting the 3 week to transfer the embryo frozen.
I have spoken to the genetic counsellor & all they keep saying is that PGD is 99% accurate & that if I do PGD & the embryo's come back normal the success rate is at least 60% or more.
Also, my FS has now put me on Pregnyl that I started tonight, I then have to have it for another 3 days, but 3 days apart, which I've never done before.
I'm sorry for such a long post & if I'm not making any sense I'm just so anxious right now & need some advice on what I should do.
Thanks in advance
Last edited by skye76; 23-08-2015 at 09:39.
22-08-2015 20:41 #288Senior Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2014
hi @skye76 fwiw I would like to do PGD (now that it's cheaper) but my new clinic doesn't have this option. mostly to find out if we are making any 'normals', or if they're all bad. eg if there are normals and they fail then maybe there's something else I'd need to check into. it sounds like you've had quite comprehensive checks so far. good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:
22-08-2015 21:31 #289
Hi @skye76 I would encourage you to do the pgd if you can. I had great looking blasts when I did my testing and everything came back abnormal. I really think after so many cycles you need to check and make sure your embryo's even have a chance before transferring. You have checked everything else, it's just one more thing to check.
23-08-2015 08:00 #290Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
@skye76 I think pgd testing would be good to do. That is what we were going to look at. The last cycle my fs suggested a freeze all and growing the embies to 5 days ehich was a risk for us but we managed to get 2 blasts frozen from 3 embies. All the best.
The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:
LCF Fun Languages AustraliaFrench, Spanish, Mandarin, Italian & German lessons for children 0-12 years. Play-based and immersion language ...
LATESTWhy it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?7 ways to break the ‘mumnotony’ at home
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
I am... #20General Chat
Egg Donation in South Africa #14Egg Donation
Loan for a businessFamily Finances
Lunch box ideas that doesn't include sandwichRecipes & Lunchbox Ideas
Pelvic floor exercises - extra helpGeneral Health
Inheritance WWYDGeneral Chat
Do u take it personally? Kids friends..General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
IVF babies due June/July/August 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF