I have been advised that I have a low-lying placenta. It is currently less than 1cm from my cervix. My doctor told me if it doesn't move I will most likely have an elective c section at 38 weeks.
I am absolutely petrified of a c section, any kind of medical procedure terrifies me.
I had so many questions to ask but I just felt like crying so didn't want to push myself over the edge.
I am hoping I may be able to get some answers before my next check up to help calm my nerves a little. My questions are:
1. Will my placenta move? What is the likelihood of it moving?
2. Will I have the option of epidural/general anesthetic. (I have never been under so I'm petrified I may have a reaction)
3. Will I still be able to delayed cord clamp with a c section?
4. Will the hospital give me birth options for an elective c section? Will I get skin to skin time? I don't want my birth to be wham bam thank you mam.
5. Will the hospital allow me to have a scan at 37 weeks (before they schedule a c section) to definitely make sure it's necessary.
I think that's all for now.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
04-08-2015 20:09 #1Senior Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2015
Will my placenta move?
04-08-2015 20:19 #2
05-08-2015 11:04 #3Senior Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2015
Thanks for your advice. I hope mine moves. I am so terrified of having a c section.
By gingermillie in forum Pregnancy & Birth General ChatReplies: 9Last Post: 24-08-2015, 23:21
By maternidade in forum Pregnancy Health IssuesReplies: 9Last Post: 10-03-2015, 16:14
By glittertg in forum Pregnancy Health IssuesReplies: 34Last Post: 22-12-2014, 22:04
ProSwimProSwim runs learn to swim classes for babies, children and adults. Our indoor centre in Plympton Park has lessons all ...
LATESTWhy it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?7 ways to break the ‘mumnotony’ at home
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
For those of you with babies and toddlers....General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Pregnancy test recall!!!Conception & Fertility General Chat
IUI - first time fertility treatmentNon-IVF fertility assistance
IVF babies due June/July/August 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Lite & Easy ???Second Trimester Chat
A - Z of baby girl namesGames & fun stuff
Happiness thread.General Chat