+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 71 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 704
  1. #141
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11,028
    Thanks
    3,564
    Thanked
    6,676
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've got a beef roast on today - a peppered one from Woolies.

    We went out to the shops for an hour or so and when we came in I thought the house smelled a bit funky. Then DH pointed out it was the roast (I forgot I put it on).

    For those who are good with Simpsons quotes: "Apparently that disturbing odour WAS the food"

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

    Apple iPhart6  (12-09-2015)

  3. #142
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,083
    Thanks
    1,309
    Thanked
    533
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Whole chook today - first time I've tried any sort of roast meat...it almost seems too easy 😀

  4. #143
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sydney South
    Posts
    2,059
    Thanks
    1,459
    Thanked
    938
    Reviews
    12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Those who have mastered the scroll recipe. I have tried twice now and the dough is too sticky... Like sticking to the rolling pin sticky.

    What can I do to reverse this? Is it extra flour or not as much yoghurt? Or can I add something? I sprinkled some brown sugar as the recipe suggested an that didn't make a difference....

  5. #144
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,242
    Thanks
    5,043
    Thanked
    3,640
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    The recipe calls for 2 hours on low. I did 2.5 hours with 20 min on high to be sure as my crock pot is older. The onions didn't didn't really cool down enough and the recipe also called for 2 tbs of mustard. It was ridiculously overpowering. We even stirred through sour cream to settle the flavors a bit, which helped but it was just awful. We threw most of it out as we just hated it.
    Good to know! Sounds terrible.

  6. #145
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    22,277
    Thanks
    15,603
    Thanked
    11,878
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    I've got a beef roast on today - a peppered one from Woolies.

    We went out to the shops for an hour or so and when we came in I thought the house smelled a bit funky. Then DH pointed out it was the roast (I forgot I put it on).

    For those who are good with Simpsons quotes: "Apparently that disturbing odour WAS the food"
    I put a roast pork on before I left the house. When I got back I was sitting in the car thinking when the kids opened the front door. The overwhelming smell of yumminess just poured out. It made me so dam hungry.

  7. #146
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    22,277
    Thanks
    15,603
    Thanked
    11,878
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    Those who have mastered the scroll recipe. I have tried twice now and the dough is too sticky... Like sticking to the rolling pin sticky.

    What can I do to reverse this? Is it extra flour or not as much yoghurt? Or can I add something? I sprinkled some brown sugar as the recipe suggested an that didn't make a difference....
    A little More flour in the mix.sprinkle flour on surface your working on and your rolling pin too.


    It's not my favourite scroll mixture. I prefer the lemonade scone as c a base. It sweet but light and fluffy.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

    HeavenBlue  (12-09-2015)

  9. #147
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,505
    Thanks
    449
    Thanked
    2,044
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    Whole chook today - first time I've tried any sort of roast meat...it almost seems too easy 😀
    I love whole chicken in the sc. What flavours did u use?

  10. #148
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,083
    Thanks
    1,309
    Thanked
    533
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    I love whole chicken in the sc. What flavours did u use?
    I just went with lemon, Rosemary, salt, pepper, garlic (my usual roast chook seasonings). Next time I want to try some of the recipes on Slow Cooker Central.

    What do you recommend?

  11. #149
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,147
    Thanks
    3,484
    Thanked
    2,006
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    I prefer the lemonade scone as c a base. It sweet but light and fluffy.
    I will be trying this,Ta!

  12. #150
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,505
    Thanks
    449
    Thanked
    2,044
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    I just went with lemon, Rosemary, salt, pepper, garlic (my usual roast chook seasonings). Next time I want to try some of the recipes on Slow Cooker Central.

    What do you recommend?
    Yum..

    I use garlic soy sauce and honey. It's divine

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to granny1 For This Useful Post:

    wobbleyhorse  (12-09-2015)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Slow cooker v pressure cooker
    By maternidade in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14-05-2015, 20:53
  2. Slow cooker which one?
    By maternidade in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 18-09-2014, 20:14
  3. What exactly is a slow cooker??
    By Freyamum in forum Recipes & Lunchbox Ideas
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 19-08-2014, 21:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Swim AustraliaSwim Australia are the leading learn-to-swim experts, and national swim school authority. With over 600 Registered Swim ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
IVF Babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017 #3pregnancy and babies through IVF
Sea Bands - OK for whole pregnancy?Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
Which car seatProduct Recommendations & Questions
Newborn and schoolGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›