+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,904
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked
    645
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Private Health Cover - does anyone have 2 funds?

    Does anyone have 2 different private health funds? Use one company for hospital and another company for extras? Is this a 'done' thing? Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,485
    Thanks
    863
    Thanked
    1,135
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I considered it and looked in to a few quotes but it worked out quite a bit more money than hospital and extras with a single fund.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,904
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked
    645
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    I considered it and looked in to a few quotes but it worked out quite a bit more money than hospital and extras with a single fund.
    How did you compare the funds? I called iselect but I know they don't quote on all th health funds available

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3,605
    Thanks
    4,747
    Thanked
    3,598
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My parents have theirs with different funds. One is GMHBA (extras) not sure the other one. I have previously spent a whole day doing a spreadsheet of funds/premiums/inclusions etc for comparison. you're right iselect only covers a few funds so I think if you really want to look at all of them you'll need to go to them individually and compare. It's not easy and I need to revisit this myself but don't have time right now! If you go to www.privatehealth.gov.au you can find a list of all health funds in Australia then go to their websites.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    10,771
    Thanks
    3,436
    Thanked
    6,540
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've never considered doing this - might be worth checking out?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,904
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked
    645
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    I've never considered doing this - might be worth checking out?
    Neither had I actually! Until the lady at iselect suggested it!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,904
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked
    645
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    My parents have theirs with different funds. One is GMHBA (extras) not sure the other one. I have previously spent a whole day doing a spreadsheet of funds/premiums/inclusions etc for comparison. you're right iselect only covers a few funds so I think if you really want to look at all of them you'll need to go to them individually and compare. It's not easy and I need to revisit this myself but don't have time right now! If you go to www.privatehealth.gov.au you can find a list of all health funds in Australia then go to their websites.
    Oh wow you're organised! Good idea

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,485
    Thanks
    863
    Thanked
    1,135
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    How did you compare the funds? I called iselect but I know they don't quote on all th health funds available
    Sorry, I just saw this - I created a spreadsheet and called around each fund individually. It was time consuming but it certainly helped my understanding about our health insurance and once I knew what I wanted/was looking for it was quite easy.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Private Health Funds that cover Postnatal Hotel Stay
    By beetee in forum Private Health Insurance Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-01-2016, 09:25
  2. Looking for the best Private Health Cover
    By justinlisa in forum Private Health Insurance Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 13-06-2015, 07:36
  3. How much is your private health cover...
    By BigRedV in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30-04-2015, 21:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Life FertilityLife Fertility Clinic is a boutique fertility clinic located in Spring Hill, Brisbane. Our dedicated fertility and IVF ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Declining pregnancy testsPregnancy Tests & Help / Support with Results
Seeking reviews on ObstetriciansSeeking a Maternity Hospital
IVF Babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017 #2pregnancy and babies through IVF
Is an expensive OB worth the extra money?Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
Stick vacuumsGeneral Chat
I am... #20General Chat
IVF/FET April & May chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Thermometer helpConception & Fertility General Chat
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›