+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked
    11
    Reviews
    0

    Angry Found out why my credit rating is so bad

    I've just got my hands on a copy of my credit after being told my rating is in the lowest 20%. I thought I must've done something awful for it to be that way, and had no idea what, but apparently it's all from credit enquiries There are no defaults, JUST credit enquiries. Has anyone else had this problem and did you manage to resolve it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,390
    Thanks
    1,583
    Thanked
    2,615
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by alliphant View Post
    I've just got my hands on a copy of my credit after being told my rating is in the lowest 20%. I thought I must've done something awful for it to be that way, and had no idea what, but apparently it's all from credit enquiries There are no defaults, JUST credit enquiries. Has anyone else had this problem and did you manage to resolve it?
    Yes credit enquiries will do that to your rating. It indicates you might be in some kind of financial distress.
    You need to wait it out for your credit to go back up.

    Why do you have so many credit enquiries? Also why do you worry about your credit rating?
    Asking so that we can provide further advices.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

    alliphant  (27-07-2015)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,324
    Thanks
    3,183
    Thanked
    3,521
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How do you find out what it is??

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,594
    Thanks
    1,971
    Thanked
    1,309
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is a credit enquiry a credit application that's refused?

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,496
    Thanks
    2,468
    Thanked
    2,297
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    Is a credit enquiry a credit application that's refused?
    If you ever apply for a credit card or loan, a credit enquiry is noted on your credit rating, whether you're approved or declined. Even if you're approved and decide not to take up the loan/cc its still noted on there.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

    alliphant  (27-07-2015),JustJaq  (27-07-2015)

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,390
    Thanks
    1,583
    Thanked
    2,615
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    How do you find out what it is??
    You can ask for a Veda check

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,912
    Thanks
    4,794
    Thanked
    4,236
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

    Default Found out why my credit rating is so bad

    there's a free credit check you can do at https://www.getcreditscore.com.au

    I did mine the other day (it's legit)

    it's not a copy of your credit report (you need to contact Veda for that) but it'll give you a score. if the score seems out of whack with what you'd expect, you can look into it further.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

    alliphant  (27-07-2015),Wise Enough  (27-07-2015)

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    265
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked
    125
    Reviews
    0
    Your only option is to wait a few months before applying again (personally, I'd give it 6-12 months). If you're seen to be 'credit shopping' banks will wonder why. As a PP mentioned, it is a pattern of the financially distressed/desperate.

    Could your partner apply for you in order to get the credit you need?

  12. #9
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8,366
    Thanks
    5,898
    Thanked
    4,929
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    there's a free credit check you can do at https://www.getcreditscore.com.au

    I did mine the other day (it's legit)

    it's not a copy of your credit report (you need to contact Veda for that) but it'll give you a score. if the score seems out of whack with what you'd expect, you can look into it further.
    I went to use that site and it doesn't seem dodgy - how could it be!? Kochie is on it!

    But I'm a bit concerned about accepting this last clause....
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1437952044.421205.jpg

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked
    11
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    Yes credit enquiries will do that to your rating. It indicates you might be in some kind of financial distress.
    You need to wait it out for your credit to go back up.

    Why do you have so many credit enquiries? Also why do you worry about your credit rating?
    Asking so that we can provide further advices.
    I've tried applying for a few loans and credit cards over the last 5 years. I didn't realise they made negative marks on my file.

    I did a check on Veda after seeing it on Sunrise one day, and it came back negative so I've been worrying about it since. I hadn't really thought about it before then.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Bills and credit rating help!!!
    By Little Miss Sunshine in forum Family Finances
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-06-2015, 10:00
  2. Credit Reports and something on it that I don't recall :(
    By Ready To Run in forum Family Finances
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 29-10-2014, 09:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Baby Car Seats and Infant Car RestraintsBuying a baby car seat? Check out our 'go-to' links here!
FORUMS - chatting now ...
ConfusedConception & Fertility General Chat
Situations - ok or not ok?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
IVF babies due March/April/May 2017#2pregnancy and babies through IVF
What are our chances??pregnancy and babies through IVF
Miracle March TTC and Testing ChatConception & Fertility General Chat
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›