+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,236
    Thanks
    244
    Thanked
    790
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    You poor thing! It does sound like ur in a decent amount of pain.. Are you still managing to eat & drink? Any vomiting or diarrhoea?

    I'm a nurse, if it's pain that is continuing, if you have had a fever (which would indicate infection), if it hurts doing almost everything like sitting, standing, lying etc then honestly hon, I wouldn't mess around waiting to see a GP.. am pretty certain a health line will tell you the same- Id be surprised if they advise you to sit at home at wait another 24hrs when you tell them ur symptoms. As one of the other girls has said, it could be so many things related to ur bowel, or stomach... if u had fever & bloating it's unlikely its a pulled muscle. I know it might be a hassle with ur DS but I'd suggest just take him with you if that's the only option. Better to be safe than sorry!
    I haven't eaten this morning, I take forever to eat breakfast lol I've managed to have a coffee and some water. No vomiting or diarrhoea.

    The bloating is gone, it honestly made me think gas pains. There's no fever anymore, panadol and sleeping a bit seemed to work.
    I hate to hassle people especially medical professionals for something that might be nothing lol.
    My backs hurting from the awkward sleep so I'm wondering if maybe the pains made worse from that?
    I sound like I'm just making excuses now.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,912
    Thanks
    4,794
    Thanked
    4,237
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    sorry to be gross but what are your stools like? normal? loose? constipated? any blood?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,236
    Thanks
    244
    Thanked
    790
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    sorry to be gross but what are your stools like? normal? loose? constipated? any blood?
    Fair question.
    They are fairly normal for me - without too much detail. There is no blood, not constipated or loose.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    700
    Thanks
    175
    Thanked
    192
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would definitely go to see someone. I had a few episodes of what I thought were gas pain and kind of just rode them out. Then one night it was unbearable and I had to go to ED and it turns out it was gall stones. Nothing was going to resolve it except surgery.
    Not saying this is what it is but if it's still continuing on, definitely go and see someone. Your health is top priority.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,236
    Thanks
    244
    Thanked
    790
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I rang health direct, spoke to a lovely lady who advised going to the hospital to be checked out. Just in case, as the pains been there for awhile.

    Thank you to everyone who commented x I appreciate it.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,498
    Thanks
    906
    Thanked
    1,115
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would suggest seeing someone. I've seen so many people (theatre nurse) who put off seeking help and end up extremely sick with ruptured appendix.

    What you describe is exactly how I would describe the pain I had with my appendix.

    I always say it's better to be seen and cause a days inconvenience than ignore it and end up in hospital for a week.

    Sorry it's not what you want to hear, take care and I do hope it's nothing.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,912
    Thanks
    4,794
    Thanked
    4,237
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Fair question.
    They are fairly normal for me - without too much detail. There is no blood, not constipated or loose.
    ok well that's good.

    I'd still go see a doctor, just to get it checked out.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,236
    Thanks
    244
    Thanked
    790
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    I would suggest seeing someone. I've seen so many people (theatre nurse) who put off seeking help and end up extremely sick with ruptured appendix.

    What you describe is exactly how I would describe the pain I had with my appendix.

    I always say it's better to be seen and cause a days inconvenience than ignore it and end up in hospital for a week.

    Sorry it's not what you want to hear, take care and I do hope it's nothing.
    This may seem like a really dumb question but wouldn't it be extremely painful to do with the appendix?

    I'm just waiting for Dp to get home and then we are heading to the hospital.

    I really hope it's nothing and I can just go home. Last thing I want is to sit and wait at the hospital. I may have to let Dp leave with ds because he's going to hate it..

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,912
    Thanks
    4,794
    Thanked
    4,237
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had appendicitis and it started off as very mom specific. I felt incredibly crook, in pain etc and if got progressively worse over the span of a few hours. my mum came to pick me up (I was 11 lol) and said I looked green. straight to the gp who referred me to hospital right away. it was taken out the next morning.

    I'd say if it was appendicitis you'd be much much worse than you were last night/yesterday. that said, it can be different for everybody so I'd still be getting checked out sooner rather than later.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,236
    Thanks
    244
    Thanked
    790
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I had appendicitis and it started off as very mom specific. I felt incredibly crook, in pain etc and if got progressively worse over the span of a few hours. my mum came to pick me up (I was 11 lol) and said I looked green. straight to the gp who referred me to hospital right away. it was taken out the next morning.

    I'd say if it was appendicitis you'd be much much worse than you were last night/yesterday. that said, it can be different for everybody so I'd still be getting checked out sooner rather than later.
    See that's what I thought. I'd be in a much worse state if it was my appendix.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Abdominal wall endometrioma
    By tiredmummyof4 in forum General Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-07-2015, 05:36
  2. OMG right abdominal period pain!!!
    By Frittlebitlazzled in forum General Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-04-2015, 11:22
  3. Abdominal migraine
    By Meld85 in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-01-2015, 15:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
ProSwimProSwim Rostrevor runs learn to swim classes for children and adults. Lessons are run during the Summer months ...
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›