+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Both parties in the wrong here.

The parents chose to have their child wait over an hour for food, of course she would get "fussy".

The owner should not have screamed at a child, and sounds very irritable.

I have been in cafes where kids run around screaming for 30+ minutes, and staff talk to the parents a few times and then ask them to leave. Or they talk to the parents once, and shake their heads when it continues. Some parents don't care.

I have also been in cafes where a kid is having a bad day/moment, and the parent is trying to placate/help them, and staff approach and ask if they can help, or if the parents would mind moving to a corner table, or leave (depends on the age of the child I guess).

i have never witnessed anyone working at a cafe or restaurant, etc, yell at parents or children... oh wait once when a kid was running around and ran straight at a waiter and tipped their bowl over- it was clearly something hot as the waiter yelled- it wasn't actually at the kid though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (23-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Diner owner yelled at 2 year old

Lol I was on the side of the owner but after visiting the caf├ęs Facebook page, the owner is quite clearly messed up.

Something about spitting in the kids's food??? Huh???

Scary woman!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Woah the owner is a complete lunatic! The parents made some poor choices - making a 2 year old wait over an hour for their breakfast then allowing her to cry (I would have taken her out for a walk or back to the car for a few mins). But there is no way the owner's behaviour can in any way be justified. Even on her account, she admits to yelling at the child and getting in the father's face. That is ridiculous. Reading the owner's response had me

I thought it was ironic how the owner was complaining about the behaviour of a 2 year old, acting like a 2 year old..... while she herself acted like a 2 year old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, there's clearly more going on here than one child being too noisy and the owner taking action. Reminds me of the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld, but with added profanity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think they're all in the wrong.

And that rant made me cringe - mostly because of the atrocious spelling and grammar. Yikes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    She shoudn't have done then, but I assume the kid was getting on her nerves. The parents should have tried to keep the kid quiet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakie1988 View Post
    She shoudn't have done then, but I assume the kid was getting on her nerves. The parents should have tried to keep the kid quiet.
    Not to be disrespectful at all but have you ever tried to keep a toddler quiet when they're hungry or tired or bored?

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    Not to be disrespectful at all but have you ever tried to keep a toddler quiet when they're hungry or tired or bored?

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I took my 2 year old to a friend's birthday lunch last week and she was hungry tired and bored. And she was horrible to share the table with. So after shovelling my meal down we left. I took her for a quiet walk around for 20 minutes then we went back and she had calmed down and I could finish my drink.

I don't see the point in taking kids out if everyone is going to have an unpleasant time so we avoid meals out at times when I know she'll be cranky. If that means I miss out well I miss out. They are only small for a short time of our lives. There will be plenty of other lunches.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (31-08-2015),Elijahs Mum  (31-08-2015),jb23  (31-08-2015)