+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Usually comfy pj's. That said I normally birth in the middle of the night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Highly recommend yoga pants! Nice wide waste band to support the jelly belly and the stretch is oh so comfy. Mine were black as I was paranoid about leaks. I think I wore a breastfeeding singlet and button up pj top with them. I pretty much lived in yoga pants my entire hospital stay, will be stocking up this time too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Something comfy - leggings and a breastfeeding friendly shirt is a safe bet.

i would also have a pair of loose shorts (think boxers style) just in case you end up with a catheter for whatever reason as tight pants are a pain in the bum with those.
    Good tip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm weird - I love the smell of the hospital soap and prefer to use it lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Comfy jumper/cardi/hoodie - doesn't matter if it's the middle of summer and its 35 degrees outside - it'll get cold at some point in the aircon. Maybe a pair of socks as well to keep your feet warm?

Not clothes - but I would get some super nice travel sized toiletries to make you feel nice after birth/during your hospital stay.

I always feel bad for women when I help get them up for showers post birth/caesar and they've forgotten toiletries and have to use the hospital soap.
    Definitely this with the toiletries! I am scouring the shops now for some beautiful body washes and lotions to make me feel lovely after bubs comes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Definitely something comfy. I had a Caesar and couldn't wait to be able to get dressed. I chose pj pants with a bf singlet. It felt so good having a shower I felt really self conscious that all the visitors didn't get the hint to leave as I was laying in the bed pretty much naked bar a hospital gown

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wore black pj pants - plain ones from Kmart, breastfeeding singlets and a long cardi with pockets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A PP has mentioned this already, but pj pants make it a bit tricky if you have a catheter in. (You have to thread the tube up the leg). I've bought a couple of Kmart nighties this time for that reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wore comfy loose clothes that looked a bit better than trackies. I felt like I wanted to be pretty as I could because I didn't feel too good so wanted to do my makeup etc and look as good as I could, but obviously loose and comfy lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wore leggings and tunic tops/button up tips for breastfeeding.
    I find breastfeeding singlets (like target ones) clumsy with a newborn as I can't see my whole nipple and Bub gets singlet in their mouth. I prefer almost completely stripping off, so usually had a breastfeeding bra and button up shirt on.