+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I shower every morning without fail. In summer or on days when I have done something to get sweaty or dirty, I will have a shower at night too. I get missing the odd day in winter if you're not going anywhere but not showering daily is so gross to me. I would have thought it's just basic personal hygiene along with brushing teeth twice per day, wearing clean underwear etc.

I have a couple of friends who don't shower daily and you can tell. They smell at times, there is a definite odour. They don't look fresh. I'm sure they also think they don't smell and no one notices...let me tell you, other people definitely do..

There is no way I would sleep beside anyone who went days without showering - yuck! How grotty must the bed get!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RainbowSky For This Useful Post:

Chooky79  (19-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    Wow there's tmi in this thread. Reading about showering, and then it turns in to a talk about blow jobs and dtd. What? Why?
    I was thinking the exact same thing and I don't consider myself a prude, it doesn't really seem relevant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamyMummy View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing and I don't consider myself a prude, it doesn't really seem relevant.
    It's a natural progression for the discussion. When I was reading the thread the only thing going through my mind was " wonder if they have se.x without showering for days".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    My husband works in a very physical job. He works long hours (7am-5pm) He's up at 5 am and often not home until 6:30. He comes home exhausted and covered in dirt. He still showers every.day. I wouldn't even let him sleep next to me if he hasn't showered and he certainly wouldn't be getting sex, especially after 2 days of no shower ������ Yuck!
    Same in this house. If he even tried to get in our clean sheets after work I would be all Thankfully, he has never tried.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamyMummy View Post
    I don't consider myself a prude either. For me, I think a natural progession of the thread would have been (if it needed to be mentioned at all...I tend not to wonder what other people get up to in the bedroom):
    'you could offer your DP special favours to encourage him to shower more often.'
    'There's no problems there (or something along those lines).
    Maybe I am a prude, but my first reaction to reading all those details was ' keep it to yourself, I don't want to know.' (and if it was a conversation IRL I would have said that as well, so it's not a net vs real life thing...I just don't want to know the details of anyone's s.ex life).
    I am also not trying to offend or upset the pp, but perhaps details could be kept for the intended forum in future.
    Last edited by Full House; 19-07-2015 at 06:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And back to showering.
    I shower every morning without fail. I have to. And I shower after work because my job leaves me feeling quite icky so it's the first thing I do...I don't touch anyone until I've showered and in clean clothes.
    My DH works in an office and showers once a day, twice if he goes to the gym after work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I shower twice a day. Morning and night. I have a routine that DH teases me about.
    I put dinner in. ..DD to bed then have a 'quick' shower. He always teases me about the quick bit.
    DH. .under no circumstances ... it's allowed in bed without a shower. That's just gross and smelly to me. Bed should feel clean and smell nice.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I shower once one day then twice the next.
    In the morning I hop in, wash myself then hop out.
    On day two I have a shower at night to wash my hair once the kids are asleep. =)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well I was always taught it's healthier to shower less eg every second day etc as you take good oils out of skin I learnt this at nursing

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (19-07-2015),FrothyFrog  (19-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both of us once a day, twice if doing physical work! I'm a morning shower girl, hubby prefers before dinner, and teeth and face morning and night