+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Rant

Our insurance for our flooring is getting denied by looks of it because of pets even though I asked when we took out policy if it covered pets I'm so annoyed.

Why do we even bother with insurance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Rant

How long ago did you take out the policy? I would definitely be lodging a complaint with the company it won't hurt to do so.

EDIT: they might uphold their decision not to cover you but then you can take it to the ombudsman and in my experience with working in a super and insurance company the ombudsman will usually favour you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pet damage seems to be a normal exclusion. Can you ask if the call was recorded?

You can try and dispute it like a PP said, but from memory when I worked at insurance it wouldn't have changed the outcome as it stated it in the PDS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Qrazelna View Post
    How long ago did you take out the policy? I would definitely be lodging a complaint with the company it won't hurt to do so.

EDIT: they might uphold their decision not to cover you but then you can take it to the ombudsman and in my experience with working in a super and insurance company the ombudsman will usually favour you
    I went into the branch. I specifically asked if pets were included! She said only malicious damage. Well isn't it if you allow your dog to pee and urinate inside 😳 you can lock them outside? Seriously!

I explained my frustration (I didn't get abusive or anything) I'm just upset. We all try to get ahead hope that makes sense! And I tried to do a nice thing to a couple with animals NEVER AGAIN!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

blissfulfairy  (15-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I went into the branch. I specifically asked if pets were included! She said only malicious damage. Well isn't it if you allow your dog to pee and urinate inside 😳 you can lock them outside? Seriously!

I explained my frustration (I didn't get abusive or anything) I'm just upset. We all try to get ahead hope that makes sense! And I tried to do a nice thing to a couple with animals NEVER AGAIN!
    Did you refund their full bond? Damaged flooring is a pretty good reason to hang on to it.