+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying to stay fit but very hard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tips and recommendations guys. And I totally agree, it's not easy to keep the motivation to train when pregnant!
    Gym or eat a KitKat?? A no-brainer ha ha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I must say it's totally worth it though, if you can keep it up. I felt amazing right up to birth and didn't really gain any excess weight. I think I coped with my (upright, standing/squatting) labor better than I would have otherwise, and recovered faster.

I didn't push myself too hard, just listened to my body and made sure I pushed myself within my limits. And ate sensibly - no different to not pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    I must say it's totally worth it though, if you can keep it up. I felt amazing right up to birth and didn't really gain any excess weight. I think I coped with my (upright, standing/squatting) labor better than I would have otherwise, and recovered faster.

I didn't push myself too hard, just listened to my body and made sure I pushed myself within my limits. And ate sensibly - no different to not pregnant.
    I am by no means 'fit' but I was a lot more active this pregnancy. Lots and lots of walking especially.

I am only 4 days post birth but recovery seems to be better. Labour was pretty quick but I was able to have a more active labour in general.

Right now I am itching to go out for a walk somewhere. I think I might go tomorrow. Should be a little cooler.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You are all so impressive! Well done on keeping up with an active and healthy lifestyle while pregnant.

I did that with my first, but for my second I was just too damned tired and ate everything in sight.

Weirdly enough though birth and recovery were much better for my second. I was in the shower one hour after birth and walking as if nothing happened lol

However for my third pregnancy I'll be visiting this thread a lot as my not so keen on having to shed so many kg post pregnancy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (13-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I'm 5 weeks today or tomorrow and trying to really keep the activity up - it's my first pregnancy.

I do Parkrun each Saturday and this morning I really struggled, I ran the first 850m or so but then just couldn't run more than a few hundred metres at a time for the rest of the distance. Last weekend I took it easy but didn't feel like this.

I have just given 28 days' notice at my gym but wondering if I shouldn't try to hang onto it for a while longer. I have until 16 May to decide anyway. I'm trying to walk as much as possible and will start doing a few weights here at home. I have a treadmill and a cross trainer but we're selling those to make room in the nursery!

Looking forward to keeping in touch with you all on this thread over the next 8 months!