+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked
    14
    Reviews
    0

    Default Meals for the week

    Does anyone have any pregnancy friendly meals I can make on a Sunday which will last safely in the fridge for lunches all week??

    Any websites, recipes or just meal ideas would be super helpful, I'm finding myself eating crap just because nothing is convenient!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,811
    Thanks
    3,395
    Thanked
    4,803
    Reviews
    9
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I often make a big pot of soup up and freeze it in individual portions. I also freeze leftovers and take that for lunches too.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked
    364
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    following. dh and I are huge fans of cooking up a large batch of something to last us the week as we get home quite late from work each night and it's too hard to start cooking then.

    fantastic thread!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked
    364
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    is it not safe to make something then just heat it up and make sure it's zapped to at least 70 or 75 degrees? would the heating process not kill any potential nasties? or is this not how it works?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,525
    Thanks
    454
    Thanked
    2,052
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lolly007 View Post
    following. dh and I are huge fans of cooking up a large batch of something to last us the week as we get home quite late from work each night and it's too hard to start cooking then.

    fantastic thread!
    What about a slow cooker? Pop it on before work and ready when u get home...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked
    364
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    we sold our slow cooker due to never using it 😂😂

    also what annoyed me about it is there was cooking involved before the food hit the slow cooker. I think we made coq au vin once in it and I was really put off at having to fry the chicken first. I somehow thought the slow cooker cooked everything for you. plus frying chicken at 7am doesn't much appeal. lol we must be very lazy

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,525
    Thanks
    454
    Thanked
    2,052
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lolly007 View Post
    we sold our slow cooker due to never using it 😂😂

    also what annoyed me about it is there was cooking involved before the food hit the slow cooker. I think we made coq au vin once in it and I was really put off at having to fry the chicken first. I somehow thought the slow cooker cooked everything for you. plus frying chicken at 7am doesn't much appeal. lol we must be very lazy
    I never pre cook anything for my sc. I chuck everything in and go lol I use mine at least 5 days a week

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked
    364
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    I never pre cook anything for my sc. I chuck everything in and go lol I use mine at least 5 days a week
    oh ballz!! maybe I need to think about getting one again! how many servings do you get out of it Louise? and have you a favorite recipe you wouldn't mind sharing?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,525
    Thanks
    454
    Thanked
    2,052
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lolly007 View Post
    oh ballz!! maybe I need to think about getting one again! how many servings do you get out of it Louise? and have you a favorite recipe you wouldn't mind sharing?
    I have a 6.5 L one which feeds 4of us with leftovers.

    Are you on Facebook? There's a fantastic group in there. Plus you can buy the recipe book from the group it's my bible lol. What kind of meals / foods do u like? I'm happy to share some recipes

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked
    364
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thanks Louise! we like anything really, so long as it's got lots of flavour! we eat anything and everything


 

Similar Threads

  1. Vego meals
    By SpecialK in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-02-2015, 19:49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Maternity ClothesLooking to buy maternity clothes? :: Check the bubhub directory of local & online maternity clothes shops :: Find ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›