+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I read your first post I was going to suggest stay. Now with the updates - I would say leave. It is not worth it. I am currently in a job where honestly if I were not already pregnant I would leave.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (25-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Leave

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (25-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hate my job and stayed in it for similar reasons. I am now over 4 months pregnant and can't wait to leave this sh!thole!! But I am glad I stayed as getting pregnant was more important than career satisfaction. I wouldn't put of TTC no matter what you do, I might take longer than you think and then you will regret that you waited...

I am 36 and don't think it's too late to change careers. I started a post graduate this year (part time) with the view to change careers. It's been 16 years since I graduated from uni. Luckily this course is only 12 months FTE so part time I will be finished in 2.5 years even after taking time off to have bub. It's worth looking at your options, depending what career interests you there may be a way to fast track your study/training and it's something you can continue to do while on mat leave.

One thing that made the decision for me is that I can not see myself in this same career in 20 years time. Or even 10 years. But in 10 years I might consider myself too old to change careers so I am putting the wheels in motion now.

I guess you need to be honest with yourself - is it the career itself or just the workplace? 7 years in one workplace is a long time and perhaps you just need a fresh start in a new company?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (25-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haven't read other replies however my job is not what I want to do and whilst I don't hate it, it's close.
    I'm only staying whilst we are having babies and the kids are young.
    Once the youngest starts school I'm changing

8. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (25-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    From your initial post I would have said stay, with your recent update I say leave

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (25-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your input and advice everyone! I've just had a good talk with DH and I've decided that I'll start looking elsewhere and that we also won't put off ttc regardless. We have had 2 mc in the past, so even if I did get pregnant straight away in a new job there's no guarantees that I'd stay pregnant, so we don't want to put it off any longer given our history...and the fact that I ain't no spring chicken!

I figure that even if I'm in a new job for less than 12 months when having a baby, if they won't hold the position for me then I'll actually start some study in my chosen field and take some time off work.

Growing up so poor has meant that I've always been terrified of not having money...but that means that I've always been so risk averse that I've stayed in jobs I hated and been unhappy. It's time for that to change!

I've applied for 2 jobs already this arvo, both within the sector that I want, although very entry level. So, fingers crossed!!

Thanks again x

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (25-09-2015),Californication  (25-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Option 1.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (25-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    Thanks for your input and advice everyone! I've just had a good talk with DH and I've decided that I'll start looking elsewhere and that we also won't put off ttc regardless. We have had 2 mc in the past, so even if I did get pregnant straight away in a new job there's no guarantees that I'd stay pregnant, so we don't want to put it off any longer given our history...and the fact that I ain't no spring chicken!

I figure that even if I'm in a new job for less than 12 months when having a baby, if they won't hold the position for me then I'll actually start some study in my chosen field and take some time off work.

Growing up so poor has meant that I've always been terrified of not having money...but that means that I've always been so risk averse that I've stayed in jobs I hated and been unhappy. It's time for that to change!

I've applied for 2 jobs already this arvo, both within the sector that I want, although very entry level. So, fingers crossed!!

Thanks again x
    I wish you all the best with finding a new job, and hope you find it soon, and conceive after finding the perfect one that suits your family.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (25-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Leave for sure. TTC is so uncertain. Take the jump! Good luck

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Qwerty For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (25-09-2015)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    good

definitely time to move on. You have given them chances and they have screwed you around.

time to find something that will make you happy.

best wishes

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (25-09-2015)