+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Macedon Ranges birth places

Hi all, hoping some of you can help. I'm expecting a baby in February next year and am wondering what the best choice of hospitals is for woman from the macedon ranges. I've heard ther is kyneton, Northern, Bacchus marsh or bendigo but no idea about any of them. Does anyone have advice for me? Much appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Friends of mine went to Kyneton and it was awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really, that sux. Any other suggestions for us?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have heard great things about Bacchus Marsh

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my daughter at Bacchus Marsh almost 4 years ago and would highly recommend it. The experience was great, midwives amazing and I ended up with a single room for my whole stay. Even the food there was good considering it's hospital food and all lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm on the local Bacchus Marsh residents page, also the Thumbs up/thumbs down and I'm always seeing people raving about giving birth at BM hospital. They have an excellent reputation, never heard anything negative.

I was born there and I turned out alright . Unfortunately I wasn't able to go there for my DDs as they don't take people with a high BMI. You can only go there if you are low risk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my daughter in Bendigo just over 2 years ago. They will do most deliveries, I think as long as they won't need nicu (pre 36 weeks etc).

I did shared care through my local dr in lancefield as I was low risk. When I had hospital appts I waited 1-2.5 hrs. Any attempts to get local services from Kyneton were difficult (I went over dates and they asked Kyneton if I could go in every second day and they said no) then once Bub was born i wasn't allowed to be discharged til the district midwife was organised. It took most of the day to get that organised.

I was scheduled for an induction (gel on a Saturday afternoon). They couldn't find my file and I never found out if it was found. My daughter was born on the Sunday arvo by forceps. I then had a small pph. The delivery staff were wonderful. They only had my pregnancy record from my gp to go by, as the files were lost.

The aftercare was reasonable, but was stacked in like sardines. As I had a roommate the second night. The cubicle had enough space for the bed, the tray table, a feeding chair and the bassinet. If I needed to get out of bed I would need to move the bassinet.

Once I was discharged I had my 2 week checkup with my gp, who was horrified by my discharge notes that noted my haemoglobin in the 70's, and ordered urgent bloods as she was concerned about anaemia. Luckily i had improved but she was very upset that I was released with such low iron.

I am hoping next time to go to Bacchus marsh as I've heard good things. Bendigo hospital is being rebuilt so that should fix the crowding. And I am hoping to get a student midwife or doula next time, as I had no idea and trusted the Drs and ended up exhausted, and was under the impression my iron was low, not borderline to have a transfusion.