+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixjc View Post
    Our story is that after 6 OE Cyvles with only one EPU it became apparent that despite my AMH, we needed DE. My FS at the time recommended his mates clinic in Greece - 'Genesis'. We went there, were required to be in Athens for 3 weeks. The experience at the clinic was pretty awful in terms of feeling like a number rather than a patient, but I did get a bfp. Unfortunately, I miscarried. We decided to do DE in Greece again but at a clinic I had found via the UK version of bubhub. By that stage in my ivf journey I needed a bit of bedside mannercand you don't get that at Genesis. I also didn't want to have to be there for another three weeks. My preferred clinic ('Serum') could facilitate a much shorter visit. I went for 6 nights, had a great time, lots of patient care, got pregnant, and my son was born a few days before Xmas in 2014. I did another three cycles at Serum, same donor, and got pregnant with the twins who were also born a few days before Xmas.

There is a thread on BH about egg donation in Greece, you'll find it's pretty focused on one clinic - 'Embryoland'. I looked into them originally but found them too pushy and cavalier, I get the sense they're great when there are no complicating factors with your fertility, but if there are other issues you might want to drill down as to how they will be addressed. You don't need to be flying to Greece so the Dr can go on a learning curve about your specific needs. Basically there are a few different clinics and it's important to pick the one that best resonates with you, medically and mentally:-). There is also 'Ruth Pellow who can be the middle man between you and the clinic and help you choose the right one ...

I found the decision to use DE easy, but grieving the loss of the opportunity for OE children was hard. I adore my boys and they couldn't be more 'mine' if they were OE. I'm often told they look like me. So overall my experience was great - and not just because I love Greek food!
    Hi @Vixjc
    I've contacted Serum and Embryoland today! Egg donation here we come. So happy to be trying again x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to missybear For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (20-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missybear View Post
    Hi @Vixjc
    I've contacted Serum and Embryoland today! Egg donation here we come. So happy to be trying again x
    Yay! Good luck! I hope you find one of the clinic's really resonates with you. Be warned, they tend to be closed for August. Go get that bfp!

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Vixjc;8701718]Yay! Good luck! I hope you find one of the clinic's really resonates with you. Be warned, they tend to be closed for August. Go get that bfp![/
    Today I've had an email from Serum and a phone call from Dr Nikos. So happy to be continuing our journey. Im doing lots of reading on the Greece thread x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to missybear For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (20-06-2017)