+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's lovely name but she will be forever spelling it. I wouldn't let that bother you though if you like it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    I like it and would use it if you love it.

Two of my favourite girls names are Aine and Eilidh. DS has a Welsh name which we found out is being pronounced incorrectly...whoops... I blame the parents of the guy DH went to school with because that's where we first heard it lol. Wasn't until I meat a guy from Wales online and he told me how it was meant to be pronounced lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I like it yes she'll have to spell it but I have a common English last name and people still get that wrong these days!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an 11yo Aoife, we are happy we called her the name we loved. We are both Irish. There have been 3 Aoifes at her catholic primary school(all with Irish heritage) Our Aoife is heading to High School this year, but another Aoife is starting prep next year! People are surprised at first but get used it it really quickly. I've told her she can anglisise it any time she wants to, but she loves it too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heard of Aoife as I'm Scottish but never knew the spelling of it til a few years ago and if I had seen the name first, I would've never known the pronounciation lol
    But there's a character on Doctor Doctor.... that new TV show on ch9 (or 10) called Aoife. Roger Corset plays the Dr on it. She's a nurse on the show and has the best wittiest lines!
    I think it'll become more popular with this show as it goes into it's 2nd season this year.
    It's a nice name

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm Irish and suggested it to H. He loves it too but doesn't like the idea of a child having to constantly correct pronunciation... I agreed with him as I have to keep correcting people in regards to my simple 4 letter name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot to mention earlier that I have a unisex name but its known more for being a boy's name and I'm constantly correcting people on the spelling. Unfortunately it doesn't matter what name you have, people will get it wrong regardless. My dad's name is David and whenever he says it to others he's just met or to telemarketers on the phone, they think he said Steve! Every time lol!