+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! I had the scan today and my lining was 8 and i start the crinone on Thursday with a transfer next Tuesday!
    I did look at the PGD testing Sunny but they said due to my age (25) and my partner is very very healthy that i should be fine and they didn't feel it was needed yet. They believe my low numbers last time was just from a low dose of medication as they were so worried about OHSS and as i got positive tests for both my previous 3d transfers they felt confident that this cycle should work.

However if for any reason i go through these 10 and i don't get pregnant there isn't a hope in hell i wont be getting it next time! If this one doesn't work Prue is open to transferring two at a time for the rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blue246 how have you been this week? Everything ok? Waiting to hear how everything is now Monash has re opened.
    @ivfstruggle I didn't realise you were so young. Statistically what percentage of your embryos should be normal at your age? Our age it was still 60%, went down when I crossed over the 35 to 36 for the second Epu.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sunny79 i have no idea to be honest. I remember when i first went to Monash i was 24 and my age wasn't even on the chart lol. However i do remember Prue saying something about having a 50% chance of pregnancy or something but i cant remember what it was in reference to. I am just hoping because these ones got to 6 days that it will be a better chance but i have no idea if thats really how it works. Prue is doing my transfer on Tuesday so i will ask her then. I have been researching a bit and it seems the embryologist should have a fairly good idea how viable the embryo is before it is transferred and if there are any concerns. I havent thought to ask them before they have always just shown me a picture and said it looks good but i might ask a few more questions this time as my other 'good' ones never worked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    Story was that no result for my first blood test made it through to Monash as it went directly to Moses due to the way they did the test a bit different in the holiday period. So on Monday they chased it up and I went in on Tuesday for the second one and it came back at 54000 which is spot on for over 6 weeks. I am feeling so tired and irky now as well, but that's good cos I never did with miscarriages. I have a scan on Tuesday with Moses.
    All going well sunny? Best of luck ivfstruggle!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue246 For This Useful Post:

rhee1980  (14-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    Hopefully all gone to plan today @ivfstruggle?
    As for me, I had my scan today at 7w 2 days and it's not good. There was a gestational sac measuring 7 weeks but only a spec of something in it and no detectable heartbeat. So I need to wait another week to confirm the same result before they'll pull me off crinone and look into d&c. Really dissapointing since I thought the PGD result meant good things were coming our way.
    Hope all's well @sunny79?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Blue246. I am 2dp5dt. I feel 'pregnant' but i know its all in my head and only because Prue said she was confident it should work. Already started googling my 'symptoms' that in reality are not even real symptoms like fatigue when i know its really because i went to bed late last night! So this wait will be very long for me the way i'm going! I have my blood test next Friday so fingers crossed.
    i was a little confused as i had 5x 5d embryos and 5x 6d embryos as to why they put back a 5d one and not a 6d. The embryologist just said they all looked really good it was hard to pick between them all so she just picked that one. I was all excited and didnt even think to check exactly why they wouldnt pick the best out of the 6d ones. Has anyone had this before? I just assumed i would use at least a few 6day ones first before they did the 5.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Blue I'm so sorry, fingers crossed you have some good news at your next scan.

IVFstruggle, I haven't had it happen but maybe the one they put back in was the best of all of them? From memory they need to get to a certain point to be freezable and that is supposed to happen at day 5, so I'm assuming the ones that did that at the 5 day mark than ones that would have been a little slower to get there.

It's a good sign that you feel pregnant. With all 3 of mine I 'knew' before getting the official tests back and all the other months I didn't get pregnant I never had that feeling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blue246 I am so sorry to hear this, my heart is breaking. Did you have your scan at Siles? Hoping that the scan was just too early for your little one.
    The pgd testing just makes sure all the chromosomes are correct, so many things can still go wrong as the embryo rapidly divides. I think I remember the geneticist telling me they can also rarely get false "normals" and false "abnormals" as they take the hatching cells which become the placenta, not cells directly out of the embryo. But really how can this happen! Why. Science doesn't have all the answers unfortunately which is of no comfort to us IVF battlers.
    Any news @ivfstruggle?
    As Spec said - the aim is to freeze at day 5. Anything only getting to that stage at day 6 is a little behind, and whilst may be absolutely normal they worry more likely to be abnormal. So best of day 5 selected.
    Every embryo I have had transferred were described as perfect too. They can't tell anything really by their look alone, just going on statistics. The joys of IVF. They don't know everything.
    Afm I see the OBGYN on Tuesday. Hopefully everything is ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @sunny79 after reading that i am hopeful it was a good day 5 transfer. Have you had any more news @Blue246? I am slowly getting stronger positives every day. Definitely a lot darker than what i have ever got when i wasnt pregnant but still testing positive. I could never get a positive on a clear blue previously but have had two this time. Blood test Friday, nurses could change it to Thursday but remembered it was a public holiday After 2.5 years trying to be honest i cant get my hopes up too high, but i think its too late. Im definitely known to get ahead of myself and have been so the quicker Friday can come the better. Does anyone know when the first scan is? I just want to make sure when they call if i am pregnant they havent already booked me into Siles. My mother in law works there and is working Friday so just want to make sure i find out if it worked before anyone else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    I had follow up scan today (at Moses' rooms - not siles) but no love. Sac hadn't grown from last week and baby visible but 1.5 weeks behind and no heartbeat so confirmed as miscarried. I'm having d&c number 5 tomorrow afternoon and they are testing the chromosomes to check whether it was a false normal PGD result or not. Moses explained it as mosaic embryos where some cells are normal and some abnormal and as they only test 2 out of 100 cells, it is possible that up to 10% of normals are actually abrnomal. Makes me a bit angry really with all the money spent! And if it does come back as normal then science is kind of at a loss as to why I would have a missed miscarriage of a normal embryo. He's going to test my Natural Killer Cells level at some stage and if that's an issue I'll take steroids next implantation. All seems like too much hard work and guessing. Looking forward to tomorrow being done.
    @ivfstruggle - congratulations! Excellent news and bring on Friday!
    @sunny79 - I'm so happy for you that it's going to plan this time - you so deserve it.