Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Best wishes @Blue246
    Sounds like you have a great chance of getting good quality eggs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    Egg collection was yesterday. Got 15 eggs of which 14 were mature and 9 fertilised. So waiting waiting to see how many we end up with for testing.

@sunny79 how are you placed with doing a FET this cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's wonderful news @Blue246 Fingers crossed they keep going strong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @Blue246! Excellent haul. I hope you get lots through to testing. Fingers crossed.
    I didn't do FET this month. Had a staff member resign 2 days before AF, gave a weeks notice. No chance I could get away for lining scan or transfer so that was that. No chance we can hire someone else within a week. Sucks being the boss sometimes!
    Anyway, still saw Kate and we will do the transfers in Melbourne.
    Congrats @Rhee80.
    Hi @kizmetzing and @Spec.
    Sorry I haven't been on here for awhile. Life is hectic but good. I really feel like DH and I are ok with no kids as our outcome and hold no expectation for success. It actually feels good,
    Always maintained I would be done by Feb - which marks 2 years of IVF but won't get all the transfers finished by then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @Blue246! Excellent haul. I hope you get lots through to testing. Fingers crossed.
    I didn't do FET this month. Had a staff member resign 2 days before AF, gave a weeks notice. No chance I could get away for lining scan or transfer so that was that. No chance we can hire someone else within a week. Sucks being the boss sometimes!
    Anyway, still saw Kate and we will do the transfers in Melbourne.
    Congrats @Rhee80.
    Hi @kizmetzing and @Spec.
    Sorry I haven't been on here for awhile. Life is hectic but good. I really feel like DH and I are ok with no kids as our outcome and hold no expectation for success. It actually feels good,
    Always maintained I would be done by Feb - which marks 2 years of IVF but won't get all the transfers finished by then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sunny79 don't be sorry. Life gets busy at times, so don't feel bad.

That's a shame that work is hectic but it sounds like you're going well.

Having the transfer in Melb definitely takes a lot of the worry out of getting the precious cargo here safely.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Spec For This Useful Post:

sunny79  (10-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

That's a shame about work being so busy @sunny79. I get what you mean when you say you'll be ok with not being parents. This whole infertility and IVF process steals the joy out of you a bit and so it'd be nice to leave the merri-go-round one way or another.

As for me.... We got 6 embryos make it to freeze and 5 of those have been tested. Waiting waiting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blue246 this is probably a silly question, we didn't do testing so I'm a bit clueless. Why were 5 out of 6 tested? Sorry if that's a dumb question! Do you know how long you have to wait for results?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Spec no not a silly question! I asked myself. The 6th one was slower than the others to reach blastocyst stage and was 'hatching' but no cells were already breaking out enough to test them at the time when they had to make the decision to freeze (end of day 6 - guess they wanted to go home!). So it missed the boat. If they had taken a cell from inside the blastocyst I guess it's a higher chance of harming the embryo? So they don't do that. They said to me that it did reach the criteria required for freezing, but I guess 'only just'. If all the others are abnormal and we want to have a go at re-testing that one, I think they can thaw it and give it a bit more time and try to test again and freeze again. Anyway, we'll cross that bridge if we have to. They said a 3 week wait, was it a bit quicker for you though @sunny79?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blue246 it was spot on 3 weeks when the results came through for us.
    New staff member starts Monday. Thank goodness!