Help me plan 4 weeks in Europe please. 4-5 of these nightswill be in Lapland, Finland over Christmas. My kids will be 3, 4, 6 and 8 years old plus hubby and I. This trip will be mostly for the kids so not heap of museums as this isn't going to keep them interested. I would like to keep it as cheap as possible as Lapland is going to cost a fortune and I need to save the money to be able to go. (Dec/Jan 2016)
Where would you go and for how many nights at each place?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
09-06-2015 09:32 #1
4 weeks in Europe help please
Last edited by mordygordy; 09-06-2015 at 09:40.
09-06-2015 09:51 #2
are you going to visit family?
are you staying with family or finding accomodation?
why Scandinavia at christmas?
musuems and stuff can still be fun if you want to see them. even with kids. but it takes a bit of planning.
- keep the visits short. 2-3 hrs is the max.
- bring snacks or a treat for after. Lollipops etc work great .. and they get them the moment you walk out (provided they have been good)
- get them a kids audio guide
- get them a map
- make a treasure hunt out of it ... prize for who can spot the most ... the biggest ... or find ... etc
- do something for you in the morning, and them in the afternoon. So after a trip to the museum, you will go iceskating
- if you arent staying with family - stay in apartments. Hotels for young kids are HARD (unless you have an endless budget for suites)
- stay a minumum of 3 nights anywhere - and dont pick too many places. Travelling around with all your luggage, and with the kids is stressful and not much fun. So keep it to a minimum. Pick a central spot and do day trips.
remember it takes at least 1/2 a day (if not more) to change locations (check out, travel, check in) ... so with kids I would pick a max of about 5 places and see them properly rather than trying to pack too much in.
dont try and pack too much into each day. Kids get tired, they get cranky and then no one enjoys it.
09-06-2015 13:53 #3
No family and yes we will be going apartments more room can cook tea and breqky ourself will save money
Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
10-06-2015 12:52 #4
10-06-2015 12:57 #5
10-06-2015 13:02 #6
10-06-2015 15:48 #7Senior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2013
The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:
By ExcuseMyFrench in forum General Travelling with Kids TipsReplies: 25Last Post: 16-10-2014, 06:51
By sunnyflower in forum General Travelling with Kids TipsReplies: 19Last Post: 18-08-2014, 09:05
Cryosite Family Cord Blood & Tissue BankCryosite has been providing Cord Blood Banking services for over 14 years, and is the trusted choice of Australian ...
LATESTWhy it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?7 ways to break the ‘mumnotony’ at home
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
The Not So Serious Vent Thread #7General Chat
Egg Donation in South Africa #14Egg Donation
IVF babies due March/April/May 2017#2pregnancy and babies through IVF
Help with baby names please!Choosing Baby Names
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Lite & Easy ???Second Trimester Chat
High Natural Killer Cells #9Reproductive Immunology
A - Z of Baby Boy NamesGames & fun stuff