+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 123
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,229
    Thanks
    625
    Thanked
    3,053
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't watch the show and while I have never forgotten about a child I do see how it could happen. No one is perfect and accidents happen and I don't think placing judgement on someone who makes one is necessary because of how much they would already be casting on themselves.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

    beebs (10-06-2015),Goblin Queen (10-06-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah (10-06-2015),SuperGranny (10-06-2015)

  3. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,432
    Thanks
    5,468
    Thanked
    5,415
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's called empathy. Whether you think it could happen to you or not, doesn't mean you can't have empathy for those that do.

  4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

    Adoralicious (10-06-2015),amyd (10-06-2015),beebs (10-06-2015),Chippa (10-06-2015),Elijahs Mum (10-06-2015),gingermillie (10-06-2015),Goblin Queen (10-06-2015),Gracie's Mum (10-06-2015),KiWolf (10-06-2015),MaximumStarlight (10-06-2015),onionskin (10-06-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah (10-06-2015),sajimum (10-06-2015),SuperGranny (10-06-2015),~Marigold~ (10-06-2015)

  5. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,650
    Thanks
    936
    Thanked
    1,172
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    It's called empathy. Whether you think it could happen to you or not, doesn't mean you can't have empathy for those that do.
    I find the lack of empathy in this thread (and in many other things I have been reading lately) quite horrifying and very sad.

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

    Goblin Queen (10-06-2015),KiWolf (10-06-2015),Mod-Wise Enough (10-06-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah (10-06-2015)

  7. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,245
    Thanks
    5,043
    Thanked
    3,648
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    It's called empathy. Whether you think it could happen to you or not, doesn't mean you can't have empathy for those that do.
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    I find the lack of empathy in this thread (and in many other things I have been reading lately) quite horrifying and very sad.
    I actually really struggle to have empathy for these parents. I can't do it, it hurts my heart to think about it. Like I said in my very first post, the story of the dad whose car alarm was going off during the day haunts me. I just cannot bear to put myself in their shoes and imagine the moment where they found their child dead in the car and knew it was their fault. It makes me sick to think about it and it makes my heart break. Those poor, poor parents. :'(

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goblin Queen For This Useful Post:

    KiWolf (10-06-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah (10-06-2015),sajimum (10-06-2015)

  9. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,352
    Thanks
    2,788
    Thanked
    1,371
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't think I could ever do this but then again I didn't think I could ever not notice the gate being left open which resulted in our dog getting out and being fatally hit by a car. Never say never, we can do everything possible to prevent these incidents but at the end of the day we are human and therefore make mistakes. I have read the article about fatal distraction and it is so so scary. I am terrified that something like this could happen to anyone!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

    Goblin Queen (10-06-2015)

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,650
    Thanks
    936
    Thanked
    1,172
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    I actually really struggle to have empathy for these parents. I can't do it, it hurts my heart to think about it. Like I said in my very first post, the story of the dad whose car alarm was going off during the day haunts me. I just cannot bear to put myself in their shoes and imagine the moment where they found their child dead in the car and knew it was their fault. It makes me sick to think about it and it makes my heart break. Those poor, poor parents. :'(
    It hurts my heart too....what a horrific situation.

    In addition to empathy for the parents in this situation, I was also referring to a distinct lack of empathy for other posters in this thread (particularly those who have admitted to forgetting their children in cars).

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

    beebs (10-06-2015),Goblin Queen (10-06-2015),KiWolf (10-06-2015)

  13. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    18,319
    Thanks
    5,716
    Thanked
    9,474
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm probably wasting my breath because the ones I'm directing this too probably have me on ignore but you are entitled to your opinion. Of course you are, you can tell it to us straight, tell it like it is, be proud of not holding back but just know that this forum is full of real, vulnerable people.

    You only have to read the journals on here to see the amount of pain people are in and how fragile they are and they have found bubhub to be a safe place to share this part of themselves.

    Words matter. They can lift someone up and they can kick them when they're down. It's not about condoning dangerous behaviour or turning a blind eye but it's about realising your power.

    You might think you're just commenting on a specific article or that you're entitled to be angry and to judge and I guess you are but this is a community and why anyone wants to continually hurt people in their community after they've been told "Hey, you're hurting her, please stop", well I don't get it.

    I know people can choose to leave if they can't hack it or they need to take ownership of their feelings (no one can make you feel inferior without your consent and all that jazz) but sometimes people don't have anywhere else to go and sometimes they are judging themselves more harshly than anyone else could.

    Anyway that's my ramble of the day and I've gone back and toward about whether to press send but meh too late now...

  14. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

    amyd (10-06-2015),beebs (10-06-2015),BettyV (10-06-2015),BigRedV (11-06-2015),Chippa (10-06-2015),clbj (10-06-2015),Elijahs Mum (10-06-2015),Goblin Queen (10-06-2015),Gracie's Mum (10-06-2015),GreenMama (10-06-2015),JustJaq (10-06-2015),KiWolf (10-06-2015),LaDiDah (10-06-2015),LoveLivesHere (10-06-2015),MaximumStarlight (10-06-2015),MissMuppet (10-06-2015),Mod-Wise Enough (10-06-2015),nh2489 (10-06-2015),onionskin (10-06-2015),PinkPink (10-06-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah (10-06-2015),sajimum (10-06-2015),SuperGranny (10-06-2015),TeaM (10-06-2015),xkwzit (10-06-2015)

  15. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,352
    Thanks
    2,788
    Thanked
    1,371
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    I actually really struggle to have empathy for these parents. I can't do it, it hurts my heart to think about it. Like I said in my very first post, the story of the dad whose car alarm was going off during the day haunts me. I just cannot bear to put myself in their shoes and imagine the moment where they found their child dead in the car and knew it was their fault. It makes me sick to think about it and it makes my heart break. Those poor, poor parents. :'(
    Even if you can't have empathy you clearly have compassion which in cases like this is something that some posters are clearly lacking.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

    beebs (10-06-2015),Goblin Queen (10-06-2015)

  17. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,432
    Thanks
    5,468
    Thanked
    5,415
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I'm probably wasting my breath because the ones I'm directing this too probably have me on ignore but you are entitled to your opinion. Of course you are, you can tell it to us straight, tell it like it is, be proud of not holding back but just know that this forum is full of real, vulnerable people.

    You only have to read the journals on here to see the amount of pain people are in and how fragile they are and they have found bubhub to be a safe place to share this part of themselves.

    Words matter. They can lift someone up and they can kick them when they're down. It's not about condoning dangerous behaviour or turning a blind eye but it's about realising your power.

    You might think you're just commenting on a specific article or that you're entitled to be angry and to judge and I guess you are but this is a community and why anyone wants to continually hurt people in their community after they've been told "Hey, you're hurting her, please stop", well I don't get it.

    I know people can choose to leave if they can't hack it or they need to take ownership of their feelings (no one can make you feel inferior without your consent and all that jazz) but sometimes people don't have anywhere else to go and sometimes they are judging themselves more harshly than anyone else could.

    Anyway that's my ramble of the day and I've gone back and toward about whether to press send but meh too late now...
    This should be pinned at the top of every section and you should have to check you've read it before you post. Too many people are just trying to win or point score.

  18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

    beebs (10-06-2015),BettyV (10-06-2015),Goblin Queen (10-06-2015),Gracie's Mum (10-06-2015),KiWolf (10-06-2015),LoveLivesHere (10-06-2015),nh2489 (10-06-2015),SuperGranny (10-06-2015)

  19. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,909
    Thanks
    1,495
    Thanked
    698
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I'm probably wasting my breath because the ones I'm directing this too probably have me on ignore but you are entitled to your opinion. Of course you are, you can tell it to us straight, tell it like it is, be proud of not holding back but just know that this forum is full of real, vulnerable people.

    You only have to read the journals on here to see the amount of pain people are in and how fragile they are and they have found bubhub to be a safe place to share this part of themselves.

    Words matter. They can lift someone up and they can kick them when they're down. It's not about condoning dangerous behaviour or turning a blind eye but it's about realising your power.

    You might think you're just commenting on a specific article or that you're entitled to be angry and to judge and I guess you are but this is a community and why anyone wants to continually hurt people in their community after they've been told "Hey, you're hurting her, please stop", well I don't get it.

    I know people can choose to leave if they can't hack it or they need to take ownership of their feelings (no one can make you feel inferior without your consent and all that jazz) but sometimes people don't have anywhere else to go and sometimes they are judging themselves more harshly than anyone else could.

    Anyway that's my ramble of the day and I've gone back and toward about whether to press send but meh too late now...
    You are amazing. These are the words of someone with a kind heart and soul x

  20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gracie's Mum For This Useful Post:

    beebs (10-06-2015),Goblin Queen (10-06-2015),KiWolf (10-06-2015),LoveLivesHere (10-06-2015),PinkPink (10-06-2015),Radio (10-06-2015),SuperGranny (10-06-2015)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Tonight we're diggin' into...#2
    By Maybe in forum Recipes & Lunchbox Ideas
    Replies: 834
    Last Post: 03-08-2014, 10:23
  2. What did you have for dinner tonight?
    By Goblin Queen in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-07-2014, 20:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
ProSwimProSwim runs learn to swim classes for babies, children and adults. Our indoor centre in Plympton Park has lessons all ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...

ADVERTISEMENT