+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tough decision to have to make. One I thankfully don't have to as it was last my last embie of 3 that I am pregnant with now (37w). DS was the fresh et from same cycle. If it was just one left I would be very likely to go for no.3 in a few years. If I had more I would like to think I could donate them to another couple. You can have a strong say in who receives your embies so u could specify what kind of relationship u would have with them in the future, such as yearly catch ups or photos sent etc that's what I would want. I would want my kids to know their genetic siblings. I have no doubt the donated embies would be loved and cherished by the recipient parents. I also can't help but think if I was an embie and I had a choice I would choose to be given a chance to exist rather than not even if it wasn't with my genetic parents. An ethical/moral dilemma for sure.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Very attached - ds1 is only 2 weeks old and I'm already thinking about getting his two frosty siblings off ice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 4 left and im not too attached....but I don't know what to do with them!! DH wants to donate, I'm not so keen....in theory it's lovely but like others these are genetically our kids and to know they are out there with someone else is strange to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    DP and I agreed that if we had any frosties left after getting a sticky BFP we would donate them to science We never did have any, but our decision still would've stood regardless of whether we'd had 1 or 10 in the freezer.

To me/us our embryo's represented possibilities, I never started to get attached until I saw DD's HB at our first scan and even then I was wary but nevertheless, that's when it started for me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We always thought if we had left overs we would donate them. However, after DS was born the thought of donating a full sibling makes me uneasy. I think I would be ok if it were just eggs or sperm individually but a full genetic sibling is different.
    I think we would lean towards donating to research so at least it can hopefully go towards improving processes for patients in the future.
    We probably won't have to make this decision now as we had 3 embryos, the first resulted in DS, 2nd was a bfn for FET, and I am currently pregnant with the 3rd. I feel a little sad that we don't have any more as I feel like this will definitely mean we only have 2. Not that I'm sure I want any more yet but I know it would take a miracle to convince DH to do another stim if we already have 2.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoReady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-06-2015),nh2489  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congrats SoReady! How many weeks are you now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Cue! Very early days still, will be 6 weeks on Saturday and have the heartbeat scan next Friday. How are you going?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SoReady For This Useful Post:

Cue  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoReady View Post
    Thanks Cue! Very early days still, will be 6 weeks on Saturday and have the heartbeat scan next Friday. How are you going?
    We're going well, I can't believe I'm organising DSs first birthday party already! It has flown by. I was supposed to go back to work this week but was made redundant a few weeks ago so just contemplating my options at the moment - study, work, maybe another baby... Who knows!

Good luck with your scan, fingers crossed for a wonderful pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    We're going well, I can't believe I'm organising DSs first birthday party already! It has flown by. I was supposed to go back to work this week but was made redundant a few weeks ago so just contemplating my options at the moment - study, work, maybe another baby... Who knows!

Good luck with your scan, fingers crossed for a wonderful pregnancy!
    I know! We are also in the midst of party planning too. I seriously don't know how it's been a year already. If all goes well we will announce the pregnancy at his birthday party.
    That's no good about your redundancy. I'm sure you'll decide on the right option for you and your family. I have been doing some casual contracting hours since Feb but will be on a push now to get my hours up enough to be eligible for PPL again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good question. We have 4 frosties, and I reckon they'll all get used as we're only now expecting our first (fresh from the same cycle). I'm not counting on getting as lucky as we did with the first go again.

I'm more concerned if I have to stim again... If we were on #3, seems crazy to have another lot on ice.

Probably something we need to think a bit harder about.