Closed Thread
Page 52 of 94 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

I am new here. I had a stillborn baby boy of 34 weeks nearly 2 years ago and haven't been able to conceive again since. Just done 4 rounds of IVF all to no avail.

Tested positive for elevated NK cells before our 3rd round of IVF so was put on steroids and clexane but another BFN followed.

Our 4th round of IVF ended up being a freeze all due to severe internal bleeding after EPU which landed me back in the hospital for a few days.

I am with Dr M and having my first intralipid session on Saturday. Can anyone tell me what to expect?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Majeen welcome, I am so, so sorry for your loss. My brother's wife had a still born daughter and it was such an awful time for our whole family.
    What happened at your EPU to cause so much bleeding?! You really have been through the wringer.

Sorry I don't know much about intralipids I may be having a first session myself in a few weeks so I'll be interested in the replies.

Take care, really hope this one works for you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Majeen  (12-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @Majeen welcome, I am so, so sorry for your loss. My brother's wife had a still born daughter and it was such an awful time for our whole family.
    What happened at your EPU to cause so much bleeding?! You really have been through the wringer.
    Thanks for the welcome. I am so sorry for the loss in your family also. It is so tough for everyone involved.

They still aren't 100% sure what went wrong. They suspect they nicked a vein during EPU. It is very rare to be hospitalised with internal bleeding after EPU. I got 7 eggs so not like it was excessive. I had chest pains and a stabbing pain under my lung (which was a blood clot) that made me realise something wasn't right and different to all my other EPUs which I bounced back from easily.

I have low AMH so were only getting 1 blasty each IVF round. Did 3 mths of DHEA and got better numbers with 2 each of the last two rounds. We have 3 in the freezer currently. Hoping the intralipids do the trick as we are really finding it hard to keep going.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Majeen For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (12-11-2015),Tanej78  (12-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, had my consult with Dr M today.....and he thinks I definitely have some clear markers for my immune system affecting implantation, so he is going to order a heap of blood tests to see what he can find. At this point not doing the uterine nk cell testing as there is a risk of Asherman's returning and will be doing a FET next week sometime, so will mainly work from what comes back in bloods. Ideally he said that he would like to have started the therapy (if I need it) pre FET, but as it is next week will just start as soon as I can. Here's hoping we get some answers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies. I'm back again and have an appointment with Nick L at Monash in a couple of weeks. I'm wondering whether I should just skip it and get onto to dr m instead. What are your thoughts? Could I start getting some tests now just through my gp to help prepare me? I just thought nick did the same stuff but seems I've read they don't agree on some things. I'm in the middle of a 2ww on the Bondi protocol but this is my fifth transfer and I feel like it will be another failure. I hate my body.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (12-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Majeen View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. I am so sorry for the loss in your family also. It is so tough for everyone involved.

They still aren't 100% sure what went wrong. They suspect they nicked a vein during EPU. It is very rare to be hospitalised with internal bleeding after EPU. I got 7 eggs so not like it was excessive. I had chest pains and a stabbing pain under my lung (which was a blood clot) that made me realise something wasn't right and different to all my other EPUs which I bounced back from easily.

I have low AMH so were only getting 1 blasty each IVF round. Did 3 mths of DHEA and got better numbers with 2 each of the last two rounds. We have 3 in the freezer currently. Hoping the intralipids do the trick as we are really finding it hard to keep going.
    Hi majeen. Im also very sorry to hear you lost your baby. Im not sure if you have received a reply on what to expect with intralipids. Getting the intralipids is very easy. Just half a day int the hospital where they put a canula in and the i.v intralipids is administered over 4 hours. There are no side effect usually although the 3rd time inhad them i got a hot flash at the end but it didnt last long and could have been also from the other fertility meds i was in. Good luck i hope you get some good news soon xx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (12-11-2015),Majeen  (12-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Majeen welcome here too... Sorry go read about your losing your baby boy 😔 xx

The intralipids were pretty painless, just bring something to read or do, sitting in a big robot arm chair for a few hours... The nurses were great, and you get offered a cup of tea/coffee but not much else ☺️👍🏻

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

Majeen  (12-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanej78 View Post
    @Majeen welcome here too... Sorry go read about your losing your baby boy xx

The intralipids were pretty painless, just bring something to read or do, sitting in a big robot arm chair for a few hours... The nurses were great, and you get offered a cup of tea/coffee but not much else 🏻
    Thanks. So no meal is provided? I will be at Hurstville private and been told will be there from 2-9pm. I will have to make sure I have snacks on hand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Majeen View Post
    Thanks. So no meal is provided? I will be at Hurstville private and been told will be there from 2-9pm. I will have to make sure I have snacks on hand.
    @Majeen... I'm in Melbourne and was there for about 4 hours on the day ward at Epworth in richmond. So it could be a bit different

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

Majeen  (13-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Majeen I go to hurstville private and they feed you well (and the food's actually good)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

Majeen  (13-11-2015)