ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What do you wear?

I am so sick of wearing track suits and joggers all the time during winter. I find winter fashion so hard. I am a SAHM at the moment and its just easy to chuck on a tracky but I am over it. I just dont know what to buy and everything seems so expensive. So.. tell me what you wear during winter.. I want to be warm and comfy but also look good when I am out. Any tips?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Bottoms I wear jeans mostly (skinny and bootleg) and I have a pair of casual pants that I like (they're a light khaki colour, which goes with almost anything).

Tops - I like a nice striped top that's not too clingy. I also have a checked shirt that I like to wear over plain tops. Love a nice cardi too.

A couple of winters ago my wardrobe was very casual - yoga pants and hoodies mostly. I'm still quite a casual girl, but I tend to reserve this kind of wear for home days now. My DS is 4, so I'm out of the 'new mum and I can't be bothered phase' that I went through.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

bubbasmum  (05-06-2015),~Marigold~  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wear jeans nearly every day...I invest in a decent few pairs in a few washes from just jeans that are comfy as well as decent looking. I wear a lot of plain long sleeved t shirts in colours that go with everything (white, black, grey etc). If I am at home I chuck on a sweatshirt over the top and if going out I dress it up with a scarf and a nice looking jacket.

I really can't be bothered with fashion

Winter shoes are my problem! I never know what to wear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    Bottoms I wear jeans mostly (skinny and bootleg) and I have a pair of casual pants that I like (they're a light khaki colour, which goes with almost anything).

Tops - I like a nice striped top that's not too clingy. I also have a checked shirt that I like to wear over plain tops. Love a nice cardi too.

A couple of winters ago my wardrobe was very casual - yoga pants and hoodies mostly. I'm still quite a casual girl, but I tend to reserve this kind of wear for home days now. My DS is 4, so I'm out of the 'new mum and I can't be bothered phase' that I went through.
    Well I am still in the 'new mum and can't be bothered phase' as DD is only 4 months but i'll be honest and say I have been in that phase since DS was born eight years ago!! Time to get out of the phase!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Patience86 View Post
    I wear jeans nearly every day...I invest in a decent few pairs in a few washes from just jeans that are comfy as well as decent looking. I wear a lot of plain long sleeved t shirts in colours that go with everything (white, black, grey etc). If I am at home I chuck on a sweatshirt over the top and if going out I dress it up with a scarf and a nice looking jacket.

I really can't be bothered with fashion

Winter shoes are my problem! I never know what to wear.
    Yes! Shoes are a big problem for me too. I'm thinking of going to buy a pair of ankle boots. But then I know i will get there and not know which ones to get.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wear leggings or jeans, with long length knit jumper with boots. Scarf with every outfit at this time of year. I have quite a few coloured jackets to go with these outfits as well.

Temt is really good for getting a few key pieces and you can change the outfit with scarfs as well. I have a 10 month old and a 7 year old, so I need to be dressed for school drop off and pick up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At home it's always leggings and a tshirt & jumper. My DD2 is also just 4mo too so I am very much in the can't be bothered phase. I am starting to reduce my wardrobe though. I'd suggest looking on pinterest at some capsule wardrobes. Basically just invest in a few key pieces and keep everything else plain & inoffensive. That's what I'm working on anyway .

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ChelleBH For This Useful Post:

bubbasmum  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jeans, boots, long sleeved top, jacket and scarf.

For something a bit dressier - dress, with leggings/tights and boots, and a cardigan or jacket.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

bubbasmum  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Skinny jeans and boots with a top and a cardi; boyfriend jeans with cons or ankle boots and a jumper or top and jacket; skirt or dress with leggings/thick tights and long/ankle boots and a warm top/cardi. I only wear trackies at home.

I buy basic long sleeve tees from somewhere like Kmart every year. They only last one season but I wear them to death. I also buy tight fitting singlets to wear underneath. I own a gazillion coats, but I recently bought a black jacket that I am not sure how I ever lived without, it's so versatile.

ETA: and scarves! I love scarves, wear one almost every day. If I'm feeling a bit bloated, they hide my tummy, they keep me super warm and can add a splash of colour. I own about a dozen or so.
    Last edited by Moxy; 05-06-2015 at 09:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh clothes. Since my first DS was born 4 yrs ago my wardrobe has consisted of pj's most of the day, when I go out, I had an old pair of £4 primark jeans from the UK which recently got a huge hole in the crutch.

Breastfeeding singlets, (faded, stained and stretched) along with a green and black stripes skirt which is also faded stretched and stained.

I was so so sick of these clothes, all my friends wear nice new fashionable clothes, no matter what. Whether they have kids or not, whether they're tired or not.

Yesterday I treated myself! I bought jeans from jeans west, and I treated myself to 2 new tops, a jumper and a scarf.

I feel better already.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (06-06-2015),Trio  (05-06-2015)