+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    melbourne
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0

    Lightbulb Classroom party bags

    Was wondering if it was a good idea to send bubble wands and a small cello bag of lollies as a party bag?
    The bubble wands being those big $1 ones (from kmart, target, big w etc)

    I wanted something a bit different to the typical party bag.

    Bubble wands will have a personalized sticker with who's bday it is and so will the lolly bags.
    I could tie the lolly bag to the wand with ribbon.
    I dont know.. wanted something a little unique.. any other ideas?
    He'll be turning 7.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    6,770
    Thanks
    119
    Thanked
    934
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Perhaps ask the teacher whether bubble wands would be ok.
    All i can think of with those big bubble wands is how much mess my kids manage to make with them - the spills & drips etc

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,219
    Thanks
    2,842
    Thanked
    1,467
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I would never send lolly bags to school. Balloons, stickers, pencils, crazy straws, bubbles but no food stuff.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

    VicPark  (29-05-2015)

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,725
    Thanks
    1,215
    Thanked
    3,233
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Classroom party bags

    So you have to have a party at school as well as home now? I'm not ready for all this. I love bubble wands
    Last edited by lilypily; 29-05-2015 at 18:59.

  6. #5
    harvs's Avatar
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    10,233
    Thanks
    6,517
    Thanked
    16,654
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Hi OP, it's really lovely that you would want to do something special for your DS's classmates.

    Perhaps if you want to give lollies (which would be a bit of a nightmare for teachers as they probably aren't supposed to allow them to be eaten at school) and something messy, you could organise with the teacher to come in right before home time and give them out?

    I know some schools have policies re party food in general, so it might be worth chatting with the teacher :-)

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    melbourne
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    So you have to have a party at school as well as home now? I'm not ready for all this. I love bubble wands
    Its more just a extra special day for the bday child. Something to have fun and cool with the classmates.. (especially because theyll only be a small-ish party, so not all class friends will be coming)

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    melbourne
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Hi OP, it's really lovely that you would want to do something special for your DS's classmates.

    Perhaps if you want to give lollies (which would be a bit of a nightmare for teachers as they probably aren't supposed to allow them to be eaten at school) and something messy, you could organise with the teacher to come in right before home time and give them out?

    I know some schools have policies re party food in general, so it might be worth chatting with the teacher :-)
    i was going to be giving them to the teacher in the morning. .. then just before hometime he hands them out...
    ill be doing cupcakes too.. which are always given out as soon as the kids have finished lunch.
    thats the norm at the school.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,219
    Thanks
    2,842
    Thanked
    1,467
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I wish we could do cupcakes at DS1'S school but we're not allowed in case someone is allergic to something and doesn't know yet, they don't want their first time to be at school. I think by 5/6 they would have had birthday cake at least once...

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,793
    Thanks
    1,462
    Thanked
    2,796
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrothyFrog View Post
    I wish we could do cupcakes at DS1'S school but we're not allowed in case someone is allergic to something and doesn't know yet, they don't want their first time to be at school. I think by 5/6 they would have had birthday cake at least once...
    Allergies can appear at any time, especially if you have other allergies.
    I am so thankful the school we have chosen doesn't allow any food to be bought in for birthdays. My dd has allergies and the thought of someone giving her food or eating her allergens around her scares the crap out of me.
    The school we have chosen encourages parents who wish to do something to donate a book to the classroom.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,219
    Thanks
    2,842
    Thanked
    1,467
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    Allergies can appear at any time, especially if you have other allergies.
    I am so thankful the school we have chosen doesn't allow any food to be bought in for birthdays. My dd has allergies and the thought of someone giving her food or eating her allergens around her scares the crap out of me.
    The school we have chosen encourages parents who wish to do something to donate a book to the classroom.
    Yes, I do understand why and I would never send any food in or let DS1 take something for his own lunch which could cause issues for other kids.
    Just a bit disappointed as I missed out on having cupcakes at school as a child because I had a summer holiday birthday.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Best nappy bags?
    By Dancinjude in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 20-09-2016, 22:15
  2. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-08-2014, 16:26

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Storksak‘A Place for Everything, and Everything in its Place’ - that is award winning Storksak’s formula for creating a ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›