+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Constant Nausea at 16 weeks, is this normal?

My pregnancy has been relatively easy so far. I had nausea from 6-12 weeks but I could control it by eating. I have felt pretty much normal the past few weeks, but this week I've been constantly nauseous and stopping to vomit mid-meal. Is this normal or a sign of something wrong? It's worrying me because I had felt normal but now I'm sicker than before and I thought morning (all day) sickness generally only lasted the first trimester. I find that I'm the worst at night lately too. I've also developed really bad reflux at night which makes me want to vomit too.

Should I be worried ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't be worried! I vomited 3-4 times a day, even with medication right up until about 20 weeks, then it dropped to once a day for a few weeks then I had a couple of weeks of no vomiting but constant nausea, and in the third trimester vomiting has returned but only a few times a week. 3 weeks to go and I've not vomited in about a week but I've had reflux since day 1 too. Quickeze help and I've upped my intake of these which I think has contributed to my lack of vomiting the past couple of weeks!

It's not pleasant, that's for sure, but in the early days I just told myself it's because I have high hormone levels and bub is growing strong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. I was just concerned because it had gone away and now come back. Grr.. Was hoping I was in the all clear now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was counting down the days to 12w, thinking I didn't have much longer but alas, that was a myth! Unfortunately theres no way of telling if/when it will let up. Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no. It's a myth all right. I was vomiting well into the second trimester with mine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As the other ladies have said, it's normal unfortunately. I vomited about 8 times a day from weeks 5-14. I started meds at week 14, so vomiting cut down to about twice a day. I was able to stop the meds two weeks later. My nausea stopped very quickly - two or three days between being crook as a dog and feeling 100% perfect. Hopefully yours is the same, as it could mean you could feel better any day now. Good luck, it's a truly horrible feeling.