+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,544
    Thanks
    632
    Thanked
    471
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would go but wouldnt be taking my child.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,147
    Thanks
    3,484
    Thanked
    2,006
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I was leaning on the side of caution, I personally don't want to expose my son to illness for no reason but wasn't sure if I'm overly cautious.

    Might see what mum is doing on Sunday for a few hours. Might get around it that way and just avoid contact with the kids at the christening so I don't pick it up.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    QLD
    Posts
    2,251
    Thanks
    449
    Thanked
    1,535
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't go. Christening a are lovely but HFM is extremely dangerous. There's no way I would 'risk' it.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    510
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked
    187
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't be going either.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,147
    Thanks
    3,484
    Thanked
    2,006
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Well just for an interesting update. I didn't not take DS as I felt it was too much of a risk but as it turns out another little boy who attended, came down with HFM. I feel justified in my actions now even though it seems to have cost us some friendships. I just feel sorry for the other boy.

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

    Best Things  (27-05-2015),BH-KatiesMum  (28-05-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (27-05-2015),Mamasupial  (27-05-2015),maternidade  (28-05-2015)

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    QLD
    Posts
    2,251
    Thanks
    449
    Thanked
    1,535
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Well just for an interesting update. I didn't not take DS as I felt it was too much of a risk but as it turns out another little boy who attended, came down with HFM. I feel justified in my actions now even though it seems to have cost us some friendships. I just feel sorry for the other boy.
    Fingers crossed that the little boy is fine. Sad to hear that someone else's little fellow is now unwell.

    You don't have to justify your parenting choices to anyone. You're Mum. You make the rules when it comes to your children.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

    Little Miss Sunshine  (27-05-2015)

  9. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,147
    Thanks
    3,484
    Thanked
    2,006
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Things View Post
    Fingers crossed that the little boy is fine. Sad to hear that someone else's little fellow is now unwell.

    You don't have to justify your parenting choices to anyone. You're Mum. You make the rules when it comes to your children.
    Apparently he is on the mend and ok, luckily.

    Our friendships with the parents of the little girl being christened? That's the thing that is sadly very unwell.

  10. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    QLD
    Posts
    2,251
    Thanks
    449
    Thanked
    1,535
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Apparently he is on the mend and ok, luckily.

    Our friendships with the parents of the little girl being christened? That's the thing that is sadly very unwell.
    I'm sorry to hear that. It would be very frustrating but you've obviously done the right thing for your family.

    Have you tried talking to them and saying how happy you are for their family/ give a little christening present to the daughter and just be honest. Say you're so sorry that you didn't bring ds to the christening, but you were concerned for good reason that he might be exposed to a potentially dangerous illness. You would have loved to have your whole family there to support them but unfortunately it didn't work like that. Hopefully your friendship can transcend this horrible situation but you won't risk DS's health for anything.

  11. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,147
    Thanks
    3,484
    Thanked
    2,006
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Things View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. It would be very frustrating but you've obviously done the right thing for your family.

    Have you tried talking to them and saying how happy you are for their family/ give a little christening present to the daughter and just be honest. Say you're so sorry that you didn't bring ds to the christening, but you were concerned for good reason that he might be exposed to a potentially dangerous illness. You would have loved to have your whole family there to support them but unfortunately it didn't work like that. Hopefully your friendship can transcend this horrible situation but you won't risk DS's health for anything.
    We've been calling them consistently and today I gave up and put the present in their mailbox. It's up to them now. Also, we just told them that DS was sick and we'd been up all night, that's why we weren't attending. Apparently that's not good enough!!

  12. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,171
    Thanks
    522
    Thanked
    731
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Could something else be going on? It seems like such an extreme reaction.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Wwyd?
    By Full House in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-11-2014, 15:36
  2. Wwyd?
    By harvs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-08-2014, 12:27
  3. Wwyd?
    By Mod-Nomsie in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 13-06-2014, 08:28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Storksak‘A Place for Everything, and Everything in its Place’ - that is award winning Storksak’s formula for creating a ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›