+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Question: what do you keep buying? *fluff thread*

Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    Sorry to jump in. I am not Uniquey. Not even a little bit! But I have naked 1 and 2.
    I found 1 leaned a bit warmer and 2 a bit cooler - but they're not too dissimilar. They have some similar shades and from memory they share a couple of shades.
    I prefer 2 though. 1 always ended up looking muddy on me.
    I prefer the packaging on 2. The tin is nicer than the velvet case - if they haven't changed the packaging.
    I think both need a primer though to stop all the colours blending together in a murky mess. But I'm an oily lid person so colour often run together on me.
    ETA I never considered 3. The colours never appealed so I don't know what it's like.
    Thanks so much! You know I very nearly tagged you in my post as I suspected you may have them 😅, but I didn't want to seem stalkerish!

Unfortunately I can't see one in the flesh near me so I can't check them out. And I can't figure out if I'm cool or warm! I'm brown eyed light brown highlighted hair so maybe I'd be better with 1? Even though I like the look of 2 a bit more.... Oh to be rich!

Thanks again 😀

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ArthurDent For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (01-12-2015)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDent View Post
    Thanks so much! You know I very nearly tagged you in my post as I suspected you may have them 😅, but I didn't want to seem stalkerish!

Unfortunately I can't see one in the flesh near me so I can't check them out. And I can't figure out if I'm cool or warm! I'm brown eyed light brown highlighted hair so maybe I'd be better with 1? Even though I like the look of 2 a bit more.... Oh to be rich!

Thanks again 😀
    I'm pale skin brown hair and eyes. I'm probably more neutral.
    And now that I look at them again online, I'm not sure that the undertone is all that noticeable (my palettes are on holiday with my SIL )
    I found myself using the lighter colours in naked 1 more - virgin, sin and sidecar and found naked a good matte blending colour.
    But I really love the bolder colours in 2 - chopper, pistol and blackout is a better black although I wouldn't buy the palette for that.
    If I was going to buy another I'd probably buy naked smoky. It seems to be the best of both with a few more silvers which I love.
    I wouldn't bother with the basics or naked 3. They just seem a bit meh.
    You can always stalk me for make up chat! I didn't buy a single holiday palette this year and I'm having withdrawals!
    Maybe ill buy a lipstick tomorrow to make me feel better!

And if you're going to buy a palette, grab a primer potion. Love love love UD primer potion or NARS pro prime.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (01-12-2015),Mod-Uniquey  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I found myself using the lighter colours in naked 1 more - virgin, sin and sidecar and found naked a good matte blending colour.
    But I really love the bolder colours in 2 - chopper, pistol and blackout is a better black although I wouldn't buy the palette for that.
    I think this may have answered my question a bit. I haven't worn much make up at all in the past but I'm trying to get a few good basic things. I think I'm starting to look old 😱!! I've just got a Nars concealer which is good. So anything too bold might be a bit much too start with. The smokey scares me 😅! So might go with the 1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDent View Post
    I know this is a really really old thread.. But just in case @Mod-Uniquey is around;

I have been eyeballing the naked palettes for weeks and can't figure out which one to get, do you happen to have any of them?
    Sorry for the late reply hon, just realised this was here.

I have the Naked palette, it's meant to be for cooler tones, whereas I am warmer tones, but I got this one as I absolutely love the 'Half Baked' colour, it's really complimentary if you have blue eyes. I also like 'Smog' so those two are what really drew me to that palette.

Naked Palette 3, I haven't ever considered it because it's got a lot of 'pinky' shades and I think better suited to brown eyed girls.

I am currently eyeing of the Gwen Stefani collaboration palette with U.D, it's gorgeous!

I've been thinking of doing a make-up thread, I think I will so we all have a place to discuss all things make up!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (03-12-2015),Phony  (02-12-2015),Sonja  (02-12-2015),wobbleyhorse  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm pale skin brown hair and eyes. I'm probably more neutral.
    And now that I look at them again online, I'm not sure that the undertone is all that noticeable (my palettes are on holiday with my SIL )
    If I was going to buy another I'd probably buy naked smoky. It seems to be the best of both with a few more silvers which I love.
    I wouldn't bother with the basics or naked 3. They just seem a bit meh.
    You can always stalk me for make up chat! I didn't buy a single holiday palette this year and I'm having withdrawals!
    Maybe ill buy a lipstick tomorrow to make me feel better!

And if you're going to buy a palette, grab a primer potion. Love love love UD primer potion or NARS pro prime.
    The smoky is divine, I love the silvers!

Eta: Just realised I answered Arthur without seeing your posts first. Funny how we both agree palette 3 is not to our tastes, lol. I think @ArthurDent would probably like Naked, or 1 or 2, I say Naked, because it's a good starter one, bit neutral, not too out there. I guess it's all subjective!
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 02-12-2015 at 15:11.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (03-12-2015),TheGooch  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    The smoky is divine, I love the silvers!

Eta: Just realised I answered Arthur without seeing your posts first. Funny how we both agree palette 3 is not to our tastes, lol. I think @ArthurDent would probably like Naked, or 1 or 2, I say Naked, because it's a good starter one, bit neutral, not too out there. I guess it's all subjective!
    I was so desperate for make up conversation I stole your reply!!!
    Yes, naked 3 is a bit ick IMO but I have a friend who loves it. I call it her ghetto gold stage because that's what that palette reminds me of!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    I've been thinking of doing a make-up thread, I think I will so we all have a place to discuss all things make up!
    Yes please

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Yes please
    Will do, leave it with me. 😊

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just went through my makeup bag and turns out I am a eye liner and mascara hoarder 7 eyeliners and 5 mascaras I have to really think twice when I am at the shops to make sure I don't buy another

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Zeddie View Post
    I just went through my makeup bag and turns out I am a eye liner and mascara hoarder 7 eyeliners and 5 mascaras I have to really think twice when I am at the shops to make sure I don't buy another
    Are those eyeliners all black?
    You lady, have a problem