+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Evening primrose oil and Ovulation

I am in need of some serious help!
    Last cycle I started using evening primrose oil to help with CM. I noticed a little difference and knew to stop taking it at ovulation.
    I chart my cycles so once I saw the temp dip around my normal ov time I stopped taking it but my temp rose and then came straight back down.
    I had spots of blood in my wee for a week when I should have been ovulating and spotting for 3 days once I was 2 weeks late for my period.
    I have still not ovulated and not had a true period, it has now been almost 3 months!
    My Dr has sent me for blood tests which have all come back normal in hormones and not pregnant. An ultrasound showed two lovely follicles 15mm and 6mm 10 days ago and I have had all the hormone feelings of ovulation (sore heavy boobs, ovary pain, bloating) but still no temp shift and no more spotting or period.
    I am so heartbroken by this, my regular cycles have just gone over one little tablet and I don't know what to do to get it back.
    Everything I have goggled says that evening primrose oil is ment to help! My dr suggested going on the mini pill to get my period but I am worried about what else the pill can do to me when I am trying to get pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this is old, but just wanted to say that I had something similar happen to me after taking Evening Primrose. I spotted mid-cycle and had a very long cycle of 40ish days. I also spotted the cycle after that...weird. Didn't seem to help me at all and now I'm too scared to take it again!