+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Taking bub to cinema

Has anyone ever taken their baby to the cinema with them to a normal session (not babes in arms)

DS is 7 mo, was planning on going to see something for myself. Obviously if he cries I'll leave, was planning on nursing him during movie- he usually feeds for a while.

Just wondering if it would annoy other people though, as in cause lots of eye rolling and tutting- I hardly ever go to the cinema so not sure if it's the 'done thing'.

I called my local cinema and they said its fine to take babies to any session but just to make sure they're quiet which actually surprised me

Has anyone ever done this?

There is only one babes in arms session a week and I will have my older children so not suitable
    Last edited by yadot; 17-04-2015 at 20:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep, I did today. My DS1 (who is 6) wanted to see the Spongebob movie, which meant I also had to take DS2 who is 8 months (6months corrected). We went to session around his sleep time and he slept throughout the movie.

I must say I was very scared about taking him because I know how difficult it is to watch a movie when there is a lot of noise and distraction around.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've done it loads. Especially for kids movies. I sit near the exit, feed when possible and stand off to the side and jiggle him about in the ergo- he normally has a sleep too. For kids movies, the older kids are normally noisier than a baby anyway

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I took my DS1 to movies that I wanted to see (not kids movies) when he was a baby. He was a quiet baby and would just feed and then fall asleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    We went to the movies yesterday and there was a woman sitting at the back with her baby feeding and playing. It was the spongebob movie so lots of kids there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been twice in the last 2 weeks, bub is 6 months! He was pretty well behaved! We saw Cinderella & sponge bob! My friend took him for a bit too so wasn't all on me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend and I took our little girls (2 months) to 50 shades of grey lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took Ds to normal sessions of hunger games when he was about 3 weeks and Imitation Game when he was 2.5 months. I took DD to Avengers when she was 6 months and Batman when she was 8 months.

They have also been to plenty of mum and bub sessions.

I always try and line up the session with nap, pop bub in a carrier and sit near the exit. Sometimes I'll stand in the entry way watching the movie and rocking them in the ergo or whatever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took my first to grown up movies as a baby. He was a very quite, easy going bub. The others I have only taken to kids movies as bubs.

My Youngest is now 2 and before Christmas we went to see Paddington. My 2 year old is a very typical 2 year old and my 5 year old loves to ask a million questions. There were some older ladies without kids also in the theater (which was rather empty) My eldest two were wat near the exit for us after it finished and had the ladies say to them that they were naughty children and their parents needed to control them more!!!!!! I was livid a) it's a kids movie.....in school holidays b) they were just talking and asking questions (the two year old would occasionally do a runner resulting in one of his brothers fetching him)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it were a kids movie, a movie during the day, or a babes in arms movie, i think its ok to bring babies & kids. TBH I'd be pretty annoyed if there were noisy babies or kids in an adult movie at night time. I rarely go to the movies (maybe 1x per year?) because we just cant afford it. So if there was a noisy baby in the cinema, I'd be pretty annoyed. That being said, you did say you would leave if bub cried, and your baby might be a very quiet 'feed & sleep' bub which would be fine.