+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm going to give LCHF a go. I would love to lose my tummy and 2-3 more kilos. How many calories a day should I aim for?

Might be a silly question but is it something I can get the whole family on (makes it easier)? I would probably still give DS a sandwich for lunch but everything else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi rainbow road, I have about 3 kgs to go too- my whole family still eats the same so I don't change food prep at all- eg if it is bolognaise, I just skip the pasta and have the meat sauce on some steamed veg, or even on its own like a chilli con carne- or curry and veg, I skip the rice, but the others still have it, same with stir fries etc, and bbq is so easy, but I don't eat the bread. my boys have a sandwich for lunch. I don't count calories so cant assist there. My diet is naturally high in fat as I eat meat, seafood, yoghurt, cheese, sour cream, eggs- but I try to avoid bread, pastries etc, biscuits, pasta. If I have a 'carb' it is something like a potato or carrot sticks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    i don't even look at cals just at my carbs and protein

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    Hi rainbow road, I have about 3 kgs to go too- my whole family still eats the same so I don't change food prep at all- eg if it is bolognaise, I just skip the pasta and have the meat sauce on some steamed veg, or even on its own like a chilli con carne- or curry and veg, I skip the rice, but the others still have it, same with stir fries etc, and bbq is so easy, but I don't eat the bread. my boys have a sandwich for lunch. I don't count calories so cant assist there. My diet is naturally high in fat as I eat meat, seafood, yoghurt, cheese, sour cream, eggs- but I try to avoid bread, pastries etc, biscuits, pasta. If I have a 'carb' it is something like a potato or carrot sticks.
    Awesome. I haven't eaten carbs of a night for a long time, but make them for dp and Ds so I guess I don't need to change that.

I don't actually count calories but My fitness pal gives me a baseline. I'll just ignore that then I guess.

I'm trying to work out some good meal ideas.

So pretty much I can make what I normally make for dinners but omit any higher carb veges?

You mentioned yumi olive dip - that is my favourite! Cucumber sticks and that would be a good snack then?

Cauliflower and broccoli bake with cream and cheese, that sounds like it would be good? I could chuck some bbq chook in there too and make a whole meal out of it.

I eat eggs most mornings for brekky so that is easy enough!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, that all sounds great, rainbow road. Yumi has no dairy or gluten and very low sugar. I also just make my own dips out of greek yoghurt and cumin seeks and have that with vege dippers (replacing crackers). I also make cream sauces occasionally- such as cream, mustard and mushroom served over a steak or with chicken. tonight we are having a slow cooker beef curry- and I always have a dollop of yoghurt on top. I also use small lettuce leaves a lot- to replace things like taco shells- just heap it all in (meat, cheese, salad, salsa) and eat it in the same way. Or at lunch, small lettuce leaves with tuna/coriander/spring onion, whatever I have lying around.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ive recently lost 9 kilos doing low carb (reasonably high fat)

Pinterest is a goldmine for low carb recipes.

Crustless spinach quiche, also a mince and cabbage pie (no pastry if course)

Cauliflour mash etc.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (20-04-2015),rainbow road  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    zombie_eyes, I made a crustless quiche and took that to work for lunch- it had eggs, milk, spinach, tuna, onion, garlic, nutmeg and cheese. it was yum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    zombie_eyes, I made a crustless quiche and took that to work for lunch- it had eggs, milk, spinach, tuna, onion, garlic, nutmeg and cheese. it was yum.
    YUM sounds delish!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I make a similar frittata minus the tuna and adding other vegies. It's so yummy and so low carb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Imma make one this week now haha.

How all ya'll doing? Im down 10.5 kilos. Feeling 100% no cravings, dont feel like im missing out or anything.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (25-04-2015)