+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Stop stealing ink cartridges!
    Lol!!

Im one of those that always has my phone on me, always make and take personal phone calls (1-2 a day) and eat and drink at the registers. 😓

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaCat For This Useful Post:

DT75  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hate smoke breaks!!!!!
    I worked somewhere where you needed to get in a car and drive out the front to the main road to have a smoke.
    A group used to go every 2 hours or so and each time it took 15 mins. No one saw any issue with this.
    One day I decided to with them as i needed a break.
    I got hauled into my bosses office for wasting time yet he had no issue with the smokers doing it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful1986 View Post
    I'm curious to know what people think of smoke breaks? Especially comparing it to getting a cup of coffee (if I get a coffee or tea it takes me 3-5 minutes max...so not sure why it would take others 20-25 minutes...sounds like some have a chat with co-workers too maybe?). I don't really do the coffee thing, but if I did, I'd come in, turn the PC on and quickly get a cuppa while it loads. An extra 2 minutes I'd imagine wouldn't be a big deal.
    Not allowed smoke in uniform (where I am) so no smoke breaks.
    Anywhere I have worked with smoke breaks, it was 5 minutes, every 2 hours, and non-smokers could make a tea/coffee/just have a break too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Smoke breaks are in our break times. Morning staff cant sneak down for a sneaky smoke, arvo staff go for sneaky ones once the bosses have left and night staff go as a group as we are not allowed to smoke on the property. Sometimes we do smoke on the property though(i refuse to go out onto the street by myself if no other smokers are around at night time(talking between 10pm and 6am).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm one of those crazy people that think you should necessarily be judged on what you're doing/how long you're doing something/what breaks you're taking....so long as you work is complete, your projects are done in their timeframes, who really cares if you spend 20 minutes getting a coffee, go on Facebook or leave for a PT session early. I can focus for about 30 minutes a time, then I have to break for about 10 or so, but in that 30 minutes I am extremely productive. I just need breaks to refocus and move.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (08-04-2015),HappyBovinexx  (08-04-2015),harvs  (08-04-2015),lilypily  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    I'm one of those crazy people that think you should necessarily be judged on what you're doing/how long you're doing something/what breaks you're taking....so long as you work is complete, your projects are done in their timeframes, who really cares if you spend 20 minutes getting a coffee, go on Facebook or leave for a PT session early. I can focus for about 30 minutes a time, then I have to break for about 10 or so, but in that 30 minutes I am extremely productive. I just need breaks to refocus and move.
    I dont think thats crazy, its just that the difference is some people who have constant breaks/leave early arnt always the most productive while they are actually in that 30 min timeframe, and other people end up picking up the slack, in turn meaning they cannot take breaks.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    This is an example of something I would complain about. If I was at work and had to ask someone a work related question / ask them to do something and they refused to because they arrived early and weren't officially being paid yet I would be pretty p!ssed off.
    I work in childcare and cannot legally do anything outside my official hours, so I have ​to refuse.

ETA: A question, I can answer. Actually doing anything, no.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    God SAME. This thread is making me think some people work in crazy dystopian brave new world type factories.
    I take longish coffee breaks. If I have no work left for the day I'll take a long lunch break. In the morning I arrive at 8, fire up my pc and go and get a coffee and some breakfast, then I generally have a little chat with my manager or whoever else is around.
    Then once my pc is going I work HARD until clock off. If I have a lot to do I scarf some lunch at my desk and don't take a break all day. I often check my emails and work from home on my days off, and don't always manage to take the time in lieu.
    Seriously, I think you live a sad and bitter existence if you're worried about people clocking on a bit early or having a few smokos. Some people are just bone lazy, getting cross about it and calling 'unfair' isn't actually going to help you out or make you feel any better. And everyone else is just doing their job while remaining to be a human being, not just a cog in a machine.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (08-04-2015),DreamyMummy  (08-04-2015),ExcuseMyFrench  (08-04-2015),HappyBovinexx  (08-04-2015),harvs  (08-04-2015),Luna Lovegood  (08-04-2015),MrsA2B  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    Fair enough. It all depends on what your job is and where you work.
    Yes, and how often I get asked too. I'll admit that if I am eating in the kitchen, and they are flat out (rare- only when people sick), I'll help. But if they asked everyday/expected it, I would be annoyed and report it. It's not my job to cover them, there is enough people for the task assigned (again, unless sick).

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Thank you for this. I've been trying to find the words for this.

Obviously it is occupation dependent, but to me there's an element of a) trust, b) we are all adults, and c) doing your job efficiently and effectively and within appropriate time frames.

Maybe it's a difference between being salaried and paid by the hour?