Hey Blonde, yes our first cycle was regular ivf, no icsi and we got our best conversion rate from eggs(10) to blastsocysts(3). After that we started pgd for which they insisted on icsi. So glad the new FS does not think it is needed. He didn't go so far as saying the icsi itself is bad for the eggs despite me complaining that my eggs were lysed by it but he did say pregnancy rates are higher without icsi. Of course icsi has to be done when there are sperm problems. But I'd rather avoid it from now on.
As you said, it takes a great deal of strength to go through more ivf once the grieving process has begun. I'm betting you're so glad now that you did! DH and I still have some talking to do. I'm scared of wrecking my marriage over it. Future cycles will mean a lot of travel for me. I was fortunate to have my old clinic 5 mins down the road and my FS's office literally on my street!
In regards to supplements the only thing he wants me to take is a prenatal vitamin. He's said I can stay on coq10 if I want to but it doesn't do anything. Obviously he is not a believer in supplements, unlike the famous Wazza. He is however an associate professor and the director of Genea so I'll do as he says.
Luckyme, so are you transferring a remaining frostie or doing one last stim? I think it's sensible to take a break between your TTC efforts and foster care. That's another whole process that will require lots of energy.
Good luck Leyshoja.
Tuxcat, how you faring?
Results 381 to 390 of 1004
28-04-2015 14:27 #381
28-04-2015 14:54 #382
Does anyone think it's worth my while doing one last EPU before I go with a SA donor? I'll be 43 in 2 months time. Probably a waste of money? I know my FET is not done yet but if it's BFN I want to get straight onto the next plan...
The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:
28-04-2015 15:09 #383
IVF over 40 #13
@leyshoja I think you wd have to wait till that stim cycle is completely done before they would book you in for a cycle in SA. Not sure though. @emski72 might be able to shed light on that.
AFM, paid the invoice today for Hawaii. Ouch! It's all done now. Contracts are signed. Just waiting on the money to clear on their end and they'll do up my schedule and I can book flight and accom. My pick of apartments is still avail. Here's hoping it still is in a cpl of days!
28-04-2015 15:11 #384
Yes Leyshoja, I think the time for one last shot with your own eggs is now. Donor eggs can wait but our own eggs can't on the verge of 43. That way you won't die wondering.
28-04-2015 15:13 #385
Wow Chiefsgirl, you're a fast mover. Way to go!
28-04-2015 15:28 #386
Leyshoja, you could do another if you're that way inclined.
I'll be blunt though and I don't mean to offend or anything like that but if it were me I'd just save my cash for the SA cycle. You can cycle within 8-10 weeks in SA give your body a bit of a break and go in with a 60% chance of success ...or throw more money at cycling here with much lower odds.
28-04-2015 15:29 #387
I know! It's all gone so quickly. We kinda had to move though as our first cpl of donors we looked at either weren't available or were too expensive. Then as we were looking they kept getting booked and taken off the register!
28-04-2015 15:32 #388
leyshoja Yes, I've been considering the same thing. Should I give it one more shot? I've come to the conclusion that I'd be throwing good money after bad.
But you have been considering trying your own eggs for while now as the donor option came along very quickly....... sounds like you may have one more try in you.
28-04-2015 16:35 #389
Hey Bongley, you saw AM at RPA at one stage didn't you? I'm seeing him in his private practice for my endo. MB said he's "the best surgeon I've seen in a generation". From memory you liked him didn't you?
The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:
28-04-2015 17:43 #390Senior Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2012
Leyshoja... it's such a personal decision, but if you're still considering your OEs, then you might just need to do that to move on properly.
For me, I did the last of my sisters DEs, and then started the process for SA. While I did all the paperwork, narrowed down donors (that took days and days), did updated BTs etc, I did an IUI in the meantime, as I was ancy that even though I was working fast on all the SA paperwork, it would be almost 3 months before I would be there (as I was planning to go a few weeks before the Easter holidays). So I did the IUI, while doing the SA paperwork, and the rest is history - the IUI worked (while 8 IVF cycles with my own eggs, and 4 IVF cycles with my sister's donor eggs didn't work!!). 2 weeks later I had to email all the SA clinics and donor agencies and cancel everything. Certainly a very small chance, but it can happen. Each case is individual.
Transition into Parenthood / Calmbirth SydneyJulie's Transition into Parenthood and Calmbirth courses for pregnant couples will get you ready, prepared and ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Things your pets have eaten and shouldn't haveGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Egg Donation in South Africa #14Egg Donation
IVF Babies due August/Sept/Oct' 16 #4pregnancy and babies through IVF
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Local Infant Adoption in VictoriaAdoption / Surrogacy
Having a tough time with the dad... Does it get any easier?Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
Depressed without supportGeneral depression and blues
IVF Babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017 #2pregnancy and babies through IVF
Show off your cakes! I'll show you mineGeneral Chat
what method do you use to track your financesFamily Finances