+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Earliest and latest positives on a 3 day transfer?

Hi ladies, I have never had a 3 day transfer and am currently 6dp3dt. I was hoping to get some idea of earliest and latest positives in a hpt. I tested early this morning and got a bfn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my first faint BFP at 9dp3dt and then a definite line by 11days 😊
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    8dp3dt with my first. Second go was 9dp5dt and it was a chem preg. I knew the line was too late. It disappeared two days later. Third was 6dp5dt.

Does your clinic only do 3dt? You can end up wasting time on dud embryos. 5dt is brutal but you aren't wasting your time with duds.

I have my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    8dp3dt with my first. Second go was 9dp5dt and it was a chem preg. I knew the line was too late. It disappeared two days later. Third was 6dp5dt.

Does your clinic only do 3dt? You can end up wasting time on dud embryos. 5dt is brutal but you aren't wasting your time with duds.

I have my fingers crossed for you.

Thank you wise enough, that's helpful. I think I'm actually 7dp3dt as my transfer was last Saturday.
    Can I ask what day in each cycle did you start testing?

my clinic prefers 5 day blasts , however unfortunately due to work commitments and distance, we were unable to attend our clinc on the 5 th day. I only ever get 1 blast in my cycles and had requested a 1+1 but they all looked to good on day 3 and given my history, they would not allow more than a single transfer.
    on the 5th day we got one morula and b grade blast. Which in my mind the 3 day transferred one is most likely a dud. They were refrozen to use later but odds are not great.
    Am just hoping little 3 dryer is doing much better than it would have if it was sitting in a Petri dish

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Earliest 4dp5dt and latest I don't know as I didn't test till quite late with my only take home baby. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and my only take home baby was also a day 3 embryo and my only one for that cycle. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    First cycle I was on the drug that gives you a false positive. So I tested every day watching the line get fainter until it disappeared. When it reappeared the next day I knew it was baby not drugs.

I think about 4/5 days after transfer I started testing with the blasties.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @dextersmum Yep, you're 7dpt3dt or 10po which is still incredibly early Luv. Yes, some, but not many, get BFP's at 9 or 10dpo, but most won't begin to even see a squinter of a line until 12dpo so you're nowhere near out of the game yet!!

Every embryo is also different..no two are the same, so the emby you have on board isn't necessarily a crap one ok just like the one's that are frozen aren't necessarily sh*tters either...they were good enough to be frozen after all. You just don't know unless you have them tested and even then, there's a chance some of them could come back as inconclusive.

Either keep on testing until 11dpt3dt or 14dpo or wait a couple of days and test again. My DD was a 3 day transfer as you can see from my signature, but I didn't test until 11dpt3dt because I was on Pregnyl injections which contain HCG so would've thrown a false positive if I started early like you have.

If an embryo has what it takes to keep on going and implant I believe it will regardless of the day you have it transferred..that's just my opinion. you get your BFP in the next few days!! Goood Luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the reply ladies.

Blondeinbrisvegas, thanks so much for the pep talk. I think I really needed to hear what you had to say. And now I really need to share.

i kind of really resigned myself to the fact it had failed. I think I had no confidence in our process this time. Our cycle has met hiccup after hiccup starting with a freeze all due to high progesterone. Ovulation day took forever to arrive, Then the day we had planned to have our transfer we were supposed to have a 1+1 transfer. Unable to get to our clinic for a 5 day transfer we opted for a 3 day, except when we showed up the three thawed embies were all too good to allow me more than one to be transferred. So our embryologist just picked the best she thought of the three. I cramped the whole 6 hour trip home and passed a lot of bloody mucous ( sorry if tmi) I just felt little 3 day embie had been flushed away!!

While I have been looking and hoping each time I go to the loo for a possible sign of implantation, I started spotting yesterday at 8dp3dt and felt sad and sure it was af starting.

last night and this morning I drank normal tea instead of decaf....and did the deed with hubby,( we had been abstaining) so resigned I was to the fact it had not worked..... But at 3 pm today I peed on a stick. 9dp3dt..... And I got a faint BFP!!! I'm so excited to see that line. I went limp and shaky and thought I was just wishing it to be there. So I called hubby in. And yes he agreed there was a line!!!! And it has gotten darer as it dried.
    This was our last go at getting pregnant. ( so we're our last two tries) please please please snuggle in tight little embie!!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dextersmum For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas (06-04-2015),GingerKat (07-04-2015),Mod-Wise Enough (06-04-2015),ScubaGal (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome news!!! Congrats!!
    Stay put little one! Fantastic news ☺️

12. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeymama For This Useful Post:

dextersmum (06-04-2015)