+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberley17 View Post
    Wow! He's so lucky!

If you don't mind me asking is he a war veteran?
    I am going to assume you were asking me. No he isn't a veteran. He just entered a Sunrise competition. He has won some crazy things over the years. I asked him yesterday and he has tallied the cost of all his prizes over the years to about $126,000 (obviously 90% aren't cash prizes)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    While I'm not lucky in winning lottery tickets etc, I do believe I'm lucky in other ways.
    - conceived my beloved DD, first month of trying and only DTD with exDH once
    - my brothers rental apartment came vacant just as I worked up the courage to leave a DV relationship
    - cheap good quality white goods were listed on gumtree and the generous soul delivered them to my new flat
    - got mega bargain on furniture from a closing down sale to furnish our flat after leaving exDH with only a bag of clothes.

While i haven't won money, I've been really lucky with everything falling into place with our move out.

The universe has been looking out for me

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

Amberley17  (04-04-2015),azelqra  (04-04-2015),btmacxxx  (04-04-2015),HappyBovinexx  (04-04-2015),Lincolns mummy  (04-04-2015),Little Ted  (04-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have terrible luck, I joke with Dh saying I used it all when I met him lol (he is a pretty good find though ).
    I enter stuff a lot and we buy the occasional lottery ticket but we've never won anything other than a few dollars (often just enough to buy another ticket lol). My dad is pretty lucky though, he wins big on the pokies a fair bit (although he puts a fair bit through them too lol).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiedoll For This Useful Post:

Amberley17  (04-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was 7 I won a stuffed toy (which was not brand new and I think the raffle was rigged because the owner in the shop felt sorry for me). I won a photo contest when I was 12 and the prize was a bumper pack of Hubba Bubba and a teen magazine subscription. I’ve won $13.40 in lotto and probably about $35 in scratchies. I’ve been involved in 2 major car crashes with only scratches and almost been the victim of a horrible crime but someone stepped in so yes I’m lucky.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

Amberley17  (04-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How Lucky are you?

The most Dh and I ever win is $3 on a scratchie occasionally. Whereas my brother can put one $1 in a pokie machine and win $1000 (happened a couple of times!). We have terrible luck, but we just make our own

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpicyTurtle For This Useful Post:

Amberley17  (04-04-2015)