+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We're looking at ttc sometime from September. We have a 20 month old DD. We've got a cruise booked in feb, and can't be anymore than 24 weeks while we're away (cruise line rules). DH is taking some convincing that he wants a second baby, so I'm working on making life easier at the moment.

I am going to join weight watchers after easter. I want to lose 5kgs. I went to weight watchers 10 years ago, got to goal weight, and kept it off, except when I was pregnant. I'm still under my goal weight from back then, but would like to be a bit lighter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome @CompletelySavvy - That must be difficult trying to find the time to eat regular meals but hopefully your DD allows you soon! Looks like we will be trying around the same time!

Welcome @Lil Smurfy - Do you know why your DH isn't so keen on a second one yet? The cruise sounds lovely so lucky you! If you want to start TTC I can always take the cruise for you Hehehe.... In the mean time you can join us sitting here in the waiting room!!

I'm glad there are others who are also looking to shed some weight! Chunkdunks I haven't had any coke or cola flavoured drinks for nearly 2 years now! I was drinking some other soft drinks here and there but am now only on the hard stuff.... water!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We still have coke (zero) as a no calorie treat.

We have been doing meal replacements on and off for 18mths ish I have dropped 20kg so far 10 to go.

Going to try full clean eating now

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JET09 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (29-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    Welcome @CompletelySavvy - That must be difficult trying to find the time to eat regular meals but hopefully your DD allows you soon! Looks like we will be trying around the same time!
    Sounds like it should be easy but no 😔 i lost 3kg in 2 weeks back in January but then fell off the bandwagon massively. Still eating healthy but just not often enough for it to work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Welcome Completely Savvy and Lil Smurfy

JET09 20kg is awesome! well done!!

I can't have artificial sweeteners. They give me massive headaches along with other things so I avoid them like the plague lol. I'm a little unconventional with some of my diet but I do what works for me. We're vegetarian for starters so that's already weird to a lot of people. I also refuse to use low fat dairy. DS is the one that has the most dairy and he certainly doesn't need low fat stuff. He's not even 35kg and he's nearly 11 and about 147cm tall....he's a skinny mini lol. I figure that we don't have the saturated fats from meat so the bit I get from dairy isn't going to be enough to cause a problem. I'm also not afraid of carbs. We have rice dishes, potato and pasta but never to excess. When I actually get off my butt I lose weight. I was working as a cleaner for 6 months and lost 12kg. My diet was full of take aways, coffees (iced and hot), chocolates, ice creams and at least 1 soft drink a week. So if I can lose weight eating that sort of thing than I know I can while eating what I am. I just have to get off my butt!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @chunky dunks

Sometimes it's about motivation. One of my friends is expecting and as DH works nights and we work together through the day we go walking if an arvo.
    So I'm hoping healthy eating walking and hockey season stating will help drop the last of it.

Goo luck to all trying to loose weight as well. Keep sharing all your good and bad experiences while doing this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies hope you don't mind if I join in. You probably all think I'm insane as we are planning to TTC our 5th bub. I'm nearly 4 weeks out from having a tubal reversal, lost 30kg to do so and now working out when is the best time to start trying.. Can't wait to be pregnant again and have a bubba in my arms

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (29-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    Hi ladies hope you don't mind if I join in. You probably all think I'm insane as we are planning to TTC our 5th bub. I'm nearly 4 weeks out from having a tubal reversal, lost 30kg to do so and now working out when is the best time to start trying.. Can't wait to be pregnant again and have a bubba in my arms
    Not crazy at all. Hope the reversal goes well and you TTC journey is a short one

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (29-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    Wow, you're keen. How old are your other kids? My SIL had 4 kids, accidentally fell pregnant with number 5, and ended up with twins. She's flat out busy, but I like seeing how the kids all get along

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you ladies for getting healthy. I don't know what to do. I was so freaking healthy leading up to my last pregnancies - no booze, pregnancy diet etc and chomping down all the preggo vitamins. My bmi was 19.6 and I was exercising regularly. And look what happened! I'm carrying a few extra kegs now due to my last pregnancy, maybe 3 or 4, but maybe I need to keep it this time. Tbh all the success stories I've heard recently seem to involve mothers who were a little overweight. I'm starting to wonder if that's the trick.