+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    He just woke so I fed him again. He's had 7 feeds today, I don't let him go longer than 3hrs between feeds unless he's sleeping. I won't wake him for feeds at this point as his sleep is also important.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (26-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Glad they are doing more tests for you. Hopefully they'll be able to sort it out and put your mind at ease. Take care x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    He just woke so I fed him again. He's had 7 feeds today, I don't let him go longer than 3hrs between feeds unless he's sleeping. I won't wake him for feeds at this point as his sleep is also important.
    Sounds like you are doing all the right things xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks, feels like I'm doing it all wrong sometimes!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think this the best thing you can do. Formula has more calories anyway compared to solids so if you need to fatten him ASAP his milk is more important.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The paed & nurse told me food first, milk after. It's silly how we get different info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    The paed & nurse told me food first, milk after. It's silly how we get different info.
    This would be fine if he could eat, but he can't, so it has to be just milk for now. Otherwise I'd have him on 3 proper meals a day by now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Cue with all my dd's medical conditions she never really ate solids until after 14 months. .. And even then it's touch and go.
    We fortified formula (allerpro) for a long time. At 12 months we tried pediasure and she tolerated it. Without it she would have most certainly been tube fed and I hospital.
    She still drinks minimal amounts. At 8 months I would have been happy to get 500mls of formula into her overt a 24 hour period.
    It was just enough since we added extra calories to it.
    You are doing all you can. Don't blame yourself. Hugs.
    I hope the paed is helpful today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    @Cue with all my dd's medical conditions she never really ate solids until after 14 months. .. And even then it's touch and go.
    We fortified formula (allerpro) for a long time. At 12 months we tried pediasure and she tolerated it. Without it she would have most certainly been tube fed and I hospital.
    She still drinks minimal amounts. At 8 months I would have been happy to get 500mls of formula into her overt a 24 hour period.
    It was just enough since we added extra calories to it.
    You are doing all you can. Don't blame yourself. Hugs.
    I hope the paed is helpful today.
    I've seen a few of your posts now and it sounds like you've had such a tough time with your DD. I feel like I'm totally overreacting when there are parents and kids like yourself going through much more challenging issues.

It's reassuring to hear you were able to manage with 500ml. DS is on AllerPro too and had just over 900 yesterday and the paed told me this morning that as long as we're keeping it above 800ml per day we can continue at home. It was really good to see the paed today, he doesn't usually see patients on Fridays but made the time to see us which was great. He even got the ENT on conference call while I was there so we could talk through everything. Everyone is kind of hanging out for the results of the barium swallow on Monday.

The good news is that DS put on a little weight - enjoying small victories!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Nafsika  (27-03-2015),Tamtam  (27-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've seen a few of your posts now and it sounds like you've had such a tough time with your DD. I feel like I'm totally overreacting when there are parents and kids like yourself going through much more challenging issues.

It's reassuring to hear you were able to manage with 500ml. DS is on AllerPro too and had just over 900 yesterday and the paed told me this morning that as long as we're keeping it above 800ml per day we can continue at home. It was really good to see the paed today, he doesn't usually see patients on Fridays but made the time to see us which was great. He even got the ENT on conference call while I was there so we could talk through everything. Everyone is kind of hanging out for the results of the barium swallow on Monday.

The good news is that DS put on a little weight - enjoying small victories!
    That's great news. After seeing a pead last week I'm a lot calmer.