Closed Thread
Page 91 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 996
  1. #901
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    2,408
    Thanks
    928
    Thanked
    468
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Yep. My DS does the same. Head butting because he's not getting his way usually. Loves to look me dead in the eye, smile and drop is food on the floor too. I give him no reaction for the most part and food gets taken away for a minute. If he does it several times after having food taken away, food is gone. My point is, all completely normal IMO too. None of this makes them a spoilt brat. Just makes them kids. Heartstringz I mean this in the nicest possible way but you need to choose your battles and by that I mean choose what's important to worry about. These are small things that I find somewhat amusing now that I've learned to see it that way. I hope you're getting where I'm coming from.
    I get where you're coming from & i appreciate your post. I just struggle to know what is normal 15 month old behaviour that i can just ignore & what to take more seriously. I dont know that many other people with kids & those i do know either have 'perfect' kids or aren't honest ('oh, my kid never did that......'). So i dont know which battles to choose i wish i did, this would be much less stressful

  2. #902
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,884
    Thanks
    960
    Thanked
    3,064
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    I get where you're coming from & i appreciate your post. I just struggle to know what is normal 15 month old behaviour that i can just ignore & what to take more seriously. I dont know that many other people with kids & those i do know either have 'perfect' kids or aren't honest ('oh, my kid never did that......'). So i dont know which battles to choose i wish i did, this would be much less stressful
    Its hard. I do know people with kids but my DS has been different to everyone's kids (sleep was bad so we coslept/sleep, he still BF at 2.5yo, he always has been bad with solids and food). So pretty much I have felt alone in this.

    If they aren't really hurting themselves (with the headbanging that's pretty normal) or breaking something I just let it go.

    With the food - ignore/take away but keep it consistent.

    You are doing a great job. I know you are having doubts and finding it difficult - but it's normal to feel that way.

    Enjoy him. Embrace his personality. They are all different.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

    HeavenBlue  (10-10-2015),smallpotatoes  (10-10-2015)

  4. #903
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,953
    Thanks
    2,141
    Thanked
    2,807
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    I get where you're coming from & i appreciate your post. I just struggle to know what is normal 15 month old behaviour that i can just ignore & what to take more seriously. I dont know that many other people with kids & those i do know either have 'perfect' kids or aren't honest ('oh, my kid never did that......'). So i dont know which battles to choose i wish i did, this would be much less stressful
    Not negotiables: holding hands in car parks, seat belts, riding in trolley/pram/behaving in shop, not touching things in shops, brushing teeth. Taking turns, playing nicely, going down slides not up.

    Negotiable: pretty much anything else unless it impacts safety. Most days I try and enforce having good kids but other days I do put it in the too hard basket. I'm sure I'll be back to add more to the not-negotiable lost today - I don't realise how much is on that list.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

    GrabbyCrabby  (11-10-2015),HeavenBlue  (10-10-2015)

  6. #904
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,104
    Thanks
    3,371
    Thanked
    1,968
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Its hard. I do know people with kids but my DS has been different to everyone's kids (sleep was bad so we coslept/sleep, he still BF at 2.5yo, he always has been bad with solids and food). So pretty much I have felt alone in this.

    If they aren't really hurting themselves (with the headbanging that's pretty normal) or breaking something I just let it go.

    With the food - ignore/take away but keep it consistent.

    You are doing a great job. I know you are having doubts and finding it difficult - but it's normal to feel that way.

    Enjoy him. Embrace his personality. They are all different.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Not negotiables: holding hands in car parks, seat belts, riding in trolley/pram/behaving in shop, not touching things in shops, brushing teeth. Taking turns, playing nicely, going down slides not up.

    Negotiable: pretty much anything else unless it impacts safety. Most days I try and enforce having good kids but other days I do put it in the too hard basket. I'm sure I'll be back to add more to the not-negotiable lost today - I don't realise how much is on that list.
    Well explained. Much better then me!

  7. #905
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,236
    Thanks
    244
    Thanked
    790
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Yep. My DS does the same. Head butting because he's not getting his way usually. Loves to look me dead in the eye, smile and drop is food on the floor too. I give him no reaction for the most part and food gets taken away for a minute. If he does it several times after having food taken away, food is gone. My point is, all completely normal IMO too. None of this makes them a spoilt brat. Just makes them kids. Heartstringz I mean this in the nicest possible way but you need to choose your battles and by that I mean choose what's important to worry about. These are small things that I find somewhat amusing now that I've learned to see it that way. I hope you're getting where I'm coming from.
    Oh my DS acts like a brat in other things lol I just ignore it. He's just.. My brat haha. I definitely pick my battles. Foods always been hard and only just getting better (well eating a variety hasn't gotten better lol) taking it away is the best thing with DS. He learns.

  8. #906
    TheGooch's Avatar
    TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,201
    Thanks
    9,195
    Thanked
    4,789
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I almost feel like this should be in a "most serious vent" thread.
    I have lost my Apple TV remote. It cannot be found!
    I'm devastated! I downloaded the app on my phone but can't work out how to fast forward or rewind on it so it is not helpful

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

    CakeyMumma  (11-10-2015),Mamasupial  (10-10-2015)

  10. #907
    harvs's Avatar
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    10,173
    Thanks
    6,424
    Thanked
    16,376
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    I almost feel like this should be in a "most serious vent" thread.
    I have lost my Apple TV remote. It cannot be found!
    I'm devastated! I downloaded the app on my phone but can't work out how to fast forward or rewind on it so it is not helpful
    Have you never heard of the Google?!

    Nice to have you back btw. Missed your guts :-)

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

    Little Miss Sunshine  (10-10-2015),TheGooch  (10-10-2015)

  12. #908
    Mod-Nomsie's Avatar
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    23,910
    Thanks
    7,195
    Thanked
    7,294
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    I almost feel like this should be in a "most serious vent" thread.
    I have lost my Apple TV remote. It cannot be found!
    I'm devastated! I downloaded the app on my phone but can't work out how to fast forward or rewind on it so it is not helpful
    I lost my media player remote once. After half an hour I ordered a new one online. Possibly best $60 ever spent.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

    TheGooch  (10-10-2015)

  14. #909
    TheGooch's Avatar
    TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,201
    Thanks
    9,195
    Thanked
    4,789
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Have you never heard of the Google?!

    Nice to have you back btw. Missed your guts :-)
    Why would I google when I have you guys?!?!?!?! Not just to solve my problems but also listen to me whine

    Missed you too! Took opportunity of honeymoon to stay away from social media and spend time together - yes I got all sentimental getting married.
    That and Palm Cove has rubbish internet!

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

    harvs  (10-10-2015),HearMeRoar  (10-10-2015),HeavenBlue  (11-10-2015)

  16. #910
    TheGooch's Avatar
    TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,201
    Thanks
    9,195
    Thanked
    4,789
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    I lost my media player remote once. After half an hour I ordered a new one online. Possibly best $60 ever spent.
    It may come to this!


 

Similar Threads

  1. The Not So Serious Vent Thread #4
    By White Mage in forum General Chat
    Replies: 986
    Last Post: 24-03-2015, 21:47
  2. The Not So Serious Vent Thread #3
    By LoveLivesHere in forum General Chat
    Replies: 994
    Last Post: 15-12-2014, 14:34
  3. The Not So Serious Vent Thread #2
    By harvs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 988
    Last Post: 28-06-2014, 14:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
The Health Hub & Glowing ExpectationsGlowing Expectations is conveniently located at The Health Hub in Darlinghurst. We offer pre & post natal personal ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
@Nattie84General Chat
Miracle March TTC and Testing ChatConception & Fertility General Chat
Same Sex Parents TTC #5Same Sex Parents
I think I'm pregnant and I'm freaking out!Pregnancy Tests & Help / Support with Results
Positive or negative? Clear blue or First ResponsePregnancy Tests & Help / Support with Results
HGC lelvels stressed please helpConception & Fertility General Chat
Largest bassinets on market?Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›